Fan Clutch or Radiator

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darrin, do you have the info for the MSTec fan clutch? I have tried to search it out, but don't get any hits. I still need to do the real test on the fan clutch, but last night when I turned the fan, it spun freely, but I could not just whirl it around. I am thinking it is more the radiator that is old and full of crap. Scotty

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
This is my opinion on the fan clutch. Others may disagree, but this was my experience. You have to think of them wearing out much like an IP does. It still works, but degrades very slowly over its life. So slowly in fact, that you really don’t notice how much it has degraded until you replace it. I noticed a huge difference when I replaced mine.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my best course of action is to get the radiator cleaned and then put a new fan clutch on. Hopefully, with any luck, that will fix my problems. I think the radiator just needs a good cleaning. Any idea on how much something like that would cost? I want the radiator clean, no gunk, crap or **** in it. Scotty

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
just curious what is different with this modded fan clutch?

It kicks in at a lower temp than the stock one, I believe it is around 212 deg. I will finally get to test it out next Saturday as I will be pulling the 5ver for the first time since installing it.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did your new fan clutch do? I can get a motorcraft fan clutch for 168.00 so I am just wondering how much the new fan clutch has helped. I was fine with the way the old clutch worked, when it worked. I may take it back out in the hills and see if it even kicks on. If I don't hear it, I am putting a new one on ASAP. Probably just go with a stock unit, unless someone preeches how good the MStec is. Scotty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789