factory turbo rebuild

sarnhun

Reaction score
need to learn how to rebuild my turbo on 1993 f250. who has a vidio

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No video's that I know of. Just alot of very very careful disassembly, cleaning and measuring. Then very careful reassembly with new bushings and seals and whatever else is not within specification. It is very time consuming if you don't have a shop with bead blasting equipment to get everything surgically clean. I just did one and it was alot more work than I expected. Mostly spent cleaning and measuring. I got lucky as I only needed a rebuild kit and compressor wheel. About $140 after shipping for parts.

I do not know your knowledge base or tool setup so I don't want to suggest you shouldn't do it yourself. The actual work is not that difficult.It's just that from my experience so far if you can afford it just get a rebuilt one with a warranty. You could easily get into the $300+ range in parts alone if your turbine/compressor are damaged. Then you will be doing all the work and still have no guarantee on it. Just an opinion.

Search this forum as there has been alot of information on this recently.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
In 2005 I got a garrett rebuilt for my ats non wastgated -through a dealer in Tulsa for around $350 But oh well it cost $100 to fill my front and rear tank today,so 2005 price don't matter. Guess we need to order one from :puke: China :puke: :puke: :backoff (didn't fill my inbed 100 gal tank-I'd starve this month).Think I need to think about selling my truck and trailer.