Factory Turbo Questions

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few of questions about the Factory Turbo setup. First, where, how and what does the airbox mount to? Does anyone have a picture they could post?

Next question. What type/size of v-band flange fitting do I need to get for the turbine outlet. It doesn't appear as though a standard machined steel v-band flange will work properly due to the fact that the face of the turbine flange is convex. I already have the v-band clamp.

Who sells a 3" to 4" tube adapter? I have seen searching the internet for days and have found 3" to 3.5", 3.5" to 4", and 4" to 5" but cannot turn up any 3" to 4".cookoo

I would normally just go to an exhaust shop but I really do not have time right now during the day.

Also does anyone have a picture of the Banks upgrade downpipe for the fatory turbo? It would be great to get an idea of what I need to fabricate prior to actually doing it.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
The airbox will have two bolt holes, that will go into the intake manifold on the drivers side front, the holes are cast into the intake manifold. I'll go get a pic of it for you.

Dont know what type of clamp, are you talking about were the downpipe goes in, because I think that it is just supposed to set in there.

We made a parts run during my install and went to Napa, I think, and they had a 3" - 4" for like $15.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll be passing a NAPA truck center in a few minutes perhaps I'll stop in and see what they've got.

Also Fordguy100 you have the ATS turbine elbow and downpipe. Factory has a flange and v-band clamp.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll be passing a NAPA truck center in a few minutes perhaps I'll stop in and see what they've got.

Also Fordguy100 you have the ATS turbine elbow and downpipe. Factory has a flange and v-band clamp.

Ah, I see. Napa should have it.

Also, I can not find the tracking number, I've looked and asked her were it was but I havent found it. Hopefully it will be there by the end of this week.