fabbing new up pipe

71cc

Reaction score
The partial Banks turbo kit I have uses a 2.5" up pipe. I will have to make the y pipe to merge into it. Can I have 2" pipe flared enough to seal on the exhaust manifolds? They originally had 2.25" pipe. If I could use 2" pipe it would be easier to route,merge, and also keep velocity high. The single 2.5" up pipe is ultimately the restriction.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a good question. Hypermax uses a smaller up pipe too, but they have something welded on instead of just flaring them IIRC.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
The up pipe is trans specific. I found out the hard way but with a cab off install, that made it easier.
Not sure you can get enough stretch to make the flare tho.
Making it a once piece unit will be fun trying to get it all under there, unless ya build it in place. Just make sure everything is super tight and leak free.

Got a custom built up pipe and it's a ****** to get in and out if needed.:puke:

71cc

Reaction score
That's a good question. Hypermax uses a smaller up pipe too, but they have something welded on instead of just flaring them IIRC.

I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it.Hypermax Van plumbing is almost exactly like the up pipe arrangement I need.It merges and goes up the passenger side.

71cc

Reaction score
The up pipe is trans specific. I found out the hard way but with a cab off install, that made it easier.
Not sure you can get enough stretch to make the flare tho.
Making it a once piece unit will be fun trying to get it all under there, unless ya build it in place. Just make sure everything is super tight and leak free.

Got a custom built up pipe and it's a ****** to get in and out if needed.:puke:

I plan on making it in two or three sections.I plan on getting some type of thermal coating on it as well. I think I can fab a nice product using some of these pieces.

http://store.airflo.com/page2.html

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I plan on making it in two or three sections.I plan on getting some type of thermal coating on it as well. I think I can fab a nice product using some of these pieces.

http://store.airflo.com/page2.html

Sweet! :thumbsup:
Just make sure them slip joints are nice and snug to keep the leaks out. It's amazing what a pinhole leak will cost ya in boost loss.

Been there.:puke:

Good luck, you'll love the upgrade it will make ya think like yer in a different truck.;Sweet