Extra Gauges

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I am curious as to what extra gauges you guys are running on your IDIs? My truck is mostly stock for now, i am gonna add some true dual exhaust, cold air intake,and turn up the IP. are there any gauges I should absolutly have?

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I am leaning towards the EGT, and Tans temp, and I was also thinking of another Water Temp Gauge cause I have heard that the stock ones arent very reliable and Id also like to know what Temp my Motor is at in stead of it just saying "Normal"

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Why is that? That I don't need a trans temp with the T-19? What I do need is a new shifter for said T-19....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I run 6 aftermarket gauges. They are the Issapro VE with a 270 degrees sweep. Motor oil temp and oil pressure, Trans temp in the Mag Hitech pan with 2 extra gallons of fluid. Coolant temp. Boost and Pyro. Some day I would like to have other gauges like intercooler in and out temps and a trans temp in and out of the cooler.. Add to all this I would like to see and hear an alarm when something is going bad. Like a flashing red lite in the gauge and a resetable alarm so I can keep an eye on things. Oh yes.. One more alarm... A low coolant sender in the top radiater tank. That way I will see and hear when I'm loosing coolant instead of driving without any coolant pulling a grade. Thats what burned down my fresh rebuild because some jerk didn't know how to install freeze plugs nor did they use the proper plugs. They used cheap brass plugs without the special tool... Yes... I learned something... A motor can run without coolant and you wont know anything is wrong till it just stops all froze up... No coolant on the sender.... No message for the gauge... = bunr ed down motor.....-cuss

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I was thinking of ordering the triple pod A-Pillar set up from National Parts Depot, I just wasn't sure what gauges I should put in them

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is that? That I don't need a trans temp with the T-19? What I do need is a new shifter for said T-19....

A slushbox like the C6 or the E4OD has a torque converter which is the major heat source, too much heat can frak the clutches. The T19 is a bolt-action, tis all gear to gear stuff in there, not much heat generation and even if it does heat up there ain't no clutches to burn up.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
That makes sense... Now to get the dang thing fixed, I am at wits end trying to find a shifter for it...

I'm thinking the Auto Meter Ultra Lites would look pretty sweet in the cab....

Last edited:

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget the dual exhaust. Buy a turbo setup instead. A muffler shop will charge close to close to 5 bills for dual w mufflers which is what you can find a good used turbo setup for.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First and foremost...PYROMETER!

With that said I run all of the following with photo's in my webshots gallery linked below.

Pyrometer
Boost
Oil pressure
Water temp
Voltmeter

And here is where I deviate from the "norm"

Fuel Pressure
Air pressure

There you go
Heath

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Water temp, Oil presure, and EGT. These are the father, son, and holly ghost trinity of life for your motor. I wouldn't want to see an IDI on the road without these.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7