Excessively long warm up?vibrations!!?

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have factory turbo 94 idi that is taking quite awhile to warm up it seems, ever since it started shaking/ bad vibrations on high idle till it drops after warming up a bit. Had 3 things that caused these bad vibrations. Lift pump died pumping diesel in crank, still rattled the whole truck after i replaced it but i also discovered cdr valve was disconnected from air box which seemed to fix this rattling(violent shaking).

This episode wasnt as bad with the shaking and stopped after warm up but i am now at the point where truck wont start and stay running after i just fixed a loose injector line#1 on injection pump. Also discovered high oil level that has micrscopic bubbles. Have ford lift pump with 10k on it. Valley is dry under pump after cleaning the back of the valley that was drowning in fuel. Truck was running fine till i fixed it lol.

Anyone know what seal in ip that leaks into crankcase?

Wondering if crankcase is the issue this time in regards to shaking so much when cold. Thinking bearings?
Smokes white grey outve turbo area at startup, smells burnt then revs up high till it shuts down. Can get it to fire up in 2 20 second cranking sessions with alot of pedal
Please let it just be bad glow plugs

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't figure out what it's doing now from your post? It does run now? It just takes a long time for the heater to blow heat?

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No heat.at all.or ac oh yeah forgot that part too. Truck wont start and stay running after lots of cranking. Fires up revs high for a sec then stalls right out.

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Needs new heater core?
Thanks for reply

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would worry about getting it running first. When it quits, does it squirt fuel out of the schrader valve on the fuel filter when you poke it?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exceptionally confusing thread

You say lift pump died and pumped fuel into crankcase amd was replaced. Did you then CHANGE OIL?

THEN

You speak about the IP and its seal leaking into the crankcase. Did you replace the IP and if so did you remove the gear cover or did you remove the IP from the gear cover?

We need to determine exactly what you have done.

I am guessing the shudder or imbalance has to do with some bad injectors or air in lines.

Please break down what you have done with details.

Thanks

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was describing the shudder from previous experience with lift pump or cdr whatever it was. oil was changed soon after. Have about 10k on new lift pump. but noticed oil level fluctuating low first now it is past the do not add mark. Have always put 13 quarts 15 40w. Some how it has fuel in oil have not done any work on ip at all. Factory ordered 1 owner was my dads. 129k miles...no heat and no fuel at schrader valve. Just tested 4 bad glow plugs.put 4 new berus in with the remaining dieselrx will be changed after snow stops.

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last it was running the injection line backed out hanging by a thread filling the valley full of fuel. Noticed big puddle omw to work when i turned in at d&d so i brought it back home looking underneath everywhere for this constant steady drip till i popped the hood to see an easy fix. Been purging the lines for 2 weeks now with new batterys and good rpms but it just wont stay running. Starts with white smoke then stalls when i try and feather the rpms up. Opened injector till it fuel came out but cant do that properly since since it wont stay running. G codes have 20k or so with original ip

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so again a bit helter skelter here with details.

Lift pump or cdr or what ever it is kinda like saying i had toast for break fast three weeks ago but coulda been last tuesday but the wednesday after that I had bacon but that coulda been Monday before I dont know.

If you dont know say so..

So cdr unknown

Lift pump unkown

Ip (apparently REPLACED 20k ago) no details new used or ***

Sounds like original injectors...

4 new beru 4 used ...doesnt matter if not beru...

No idea on fuel filter

Dome Olives on fuel lines recently?

How about return lines have they been replaced?

I appologize if come across hard ass but really this is covered in 100's of threads....details are essential to diagnosis....nothing more than pure unadulterated details.

Based on what your saying...I think 3" of string....also injectors and remaining gp and fuel fikter and return caps and o rings as well as olives...there is the pezky fuel line from frame to lift pump too. Where did you get IP from?

My very best edumacated guess..but really string could be 14' long...
Hard to say

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget all the other stuff. If you don't have fuel squirting out of the shrader valve, then you don't have fuel going to the injection pump. That's why it won't run. I think I would use this opportunity to plumb in a electric lift pump and bypass the mechanical one you just replaced. You can get a cheap one from the parts store to start out with, and can order one of the nicer units the guys on here use and put that in when it comes in.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lift pump died pumping diesel in crank,

This is what caused the hi oil in the crankcase. CHANGE THE OIL.

discovered cdr valve was disconnected from air box which seemed to fix this rattling(violent shaking).
This has nothing to do with the rattling or violent shaking.

Valley is dry under pump after cleaning the back of the valley that was drowning in fuel. Truck was running fine till i fixed it lol.
You didn't fix anything. The valley pan had fuel in it from the loose injector line. The drain at the rear of the valley pan is plugged up or all that fuel would have drained out, the plug could be loose letting fuel into the crank case.

How much fuel do you have in the fuel tanks?
If you have less than a 1/4 tank, you could be just sucking air instead of fuel.
Fuel is cheap now, fill the tanks up and see what happens then.
That could be why you can't keep the engine running.

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is starting fine. Just stalls right out. Leave a few injector lines open will keep it running?

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didnt know there was a plug in valley any ideas on what to do with it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calroc