Ever seen this intake system?

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
There's a guy we do work for that has a rotomaster turbo on a 90 7.3. The intake plenum is about the best I have seen to use for something like this. It has a relatively simple "90*" from turbo to intake manifold, and the plenum is a funky L shape, the CDR bolts to it in proper fashion and leads to about 6-8" back above driver's side manifold.
Turbo is worthless though :rolleyes:
James

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So whatcha gonna do up top on the hood to tie all this together? Looks great Darrin! I guess a :hail is in order for you also!! :thumbsup:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Looks to me like someone figured how to cut down a Banks Box and add Moose Air,..!

Yup and Yep!:rolleyes:
Seen sumptin like that bout 2 months ago.:D

Maybe I can get some of that paint dust off that engine fer ya next Friday when I stop on in for that shipment.;Poke

Now how does that thingamajig work again?LOL

:D

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Banks box? NO!
That is a factory ATS turbo box with a custom cover to block off the box. Dont know why they just didnt take the bottom half of the box out, just two bolts hold it in there. It also looks like a different turbo than the ATS.
On edit: at second glance it is hard to tell, what it is for sure I may be wrong.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Red paint is not shiny enough to be Darrin's truck. Definetly the way to go with the Banks box though.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Red paint is not shiny enough to be Darrin's truck. Definetly the way to go with the Banks box though.

I'm still thinking Darrin's truck...I don't think he's taken the engine out or anything to paint in the engine bay and he teased us just enough to not let us see anything above the firewall...;Really

On Edit...and I think I'm seeing some red dust on the A/C lines......

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
My only question here is why go to all that work and still draw air into the engine that has been heated coming through the radiator. When I researched my Hypermax installation they told me I could reduce my EGT 200 degrees by drawing cool air. I bought their hood mounted cool air intake system and don't have high EGT's with my pump up 2 1/2 flats.

Jim

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Guys, This has been interesting, I didn't realize that people would think that it was my truck, however. It is a Banks Turbo, but the pic was taken off a truck from E-Bay, not my truck. :D I just thought it was pretty cool a lot of guys have been talking about doing something like that for a while.

Here is a pic of my box,...just a peek though,...;Really

Attachments

• ram air.JPG
    ram air.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 69

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Atta boy Darrin!!! :thumbsup: Now are we thinking ram air, or cowl induction type of scoop?;Really

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
humm 2 Pretty cool pics-lets see the first one shows a secret under-hood tool box. The 2nd one?? ok I got it it is a skylite to allow florescent light from the celing lights in Darrins shop to light up his work-COOOOL-Definatley an energy saver no trouble light needed.
:D :D :D :yell: :yell: Mr Bill

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
is that a bug catcher I see in the works??? :thumbsup:

:eek: Bugs????? this time of year? YIKES!

What was that you said earlier Trav? Well the holes look nice.:rolleyes:

oldmisterbill said:
humm 2 Pretty cool pics-lets see the first one shows a secret under-hood tool box. The 2nd one?? ok I got it it is a skylite to allow florescent light from the celing lights in Darrins shop to light up his work-COOOOL-Definatley an energy saver no trouble light needed.
Mr Bill
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Now that's more like it.......Gotta like yer style there Mr Bill;Sweet ;Sweet