Engine removal

boogieman13ie

Reaction score
Was up guys
I have a 93 f250 7.3 idi and I'm gonna be working on the engine what do u guys think is easier to remove the frame from chassis or just remove the engine completely to work on it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull the engine, I can have them out in a couple hours. Pull the fan and radiator and you will have enough room

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
If you have to remove the oil pan for any reason, then it will be a lot easier to pull the engine out. What do you have to do to it?

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only real 'trick' to pulling an IDI is to pull the oil filter first. Do that, and you'll have extra clearance and it'll come easily enough, even with the exhaust manifolds in place and most everything else.

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vans are boss. can haul all the same as a pickup, and then you can put the bench seats in and drive 8 people around. Unless you are box-riding, you can't do that in a truck. ;-)

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
Vans are boss. can haul all the same as a pickup, and then you can put the bench seats in and drive 8 people around. Unless you are box-riding, you can't do that in a truck. ;-)

After that post, I hope this becomes a 6-door build photo dump! :rotflmao:rock:

Apologies to the OP, but it's been kept clean so far! ;Sweet

Just pull the engine.

You must be registered for see images attach

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. I guess I did derail the discussion a bit. I did it to impress upon the OP how nice he has it when he has to pull that engine out. :)

boogieman13ie

Reaction score
I'm changing turbo seals ,valve cover seals,manifold gasket ,valley pan gasket ,exhaust manifold gaskets, timing gear cover seal,injectors ,go plugs,oil cooler o rings,fuel rails, thermostat,radiator, pretty much a lil TLC it has 263,000 miles and leaks are starting to happened oh yea and my throw out betting on clutch is growling at me injectors are originals u can still see the paint on them I've had the truck for 2 years so it's been good to me so now time to return the favor hahaha

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are doing all that, you might as well pull the oil pan off, inspect the oil pump, put in new front and rear main seals, and then you might as well check the piston rings, and then you might as well .... :)

boogieman13ie

Reaction score
If you are doing all that, you might as well pull the oil pan off, inspect the oil pump, put in new front and rear main seals, and then you might as well check the piston rings, and then you might as well .... :)
Oh belive me that's how this hole thing started one thing after another the more u look the more u have to fix

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker