engine compartment relays

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I still like to know what is the equivalent to those relays, are they regular 20-30amp relays or is it there a replacement at the autoparts?

Thank you.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I believe they are standard 30 amp fuses. You should be able to take one to ford or a parts place and match it up with something. One of them is unused so maybe that that one?

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
EZ,
Too bad we didn't figure this out at the rally. I've got handfuls of these relays, all shapes and sizes, plus lots of fuses. Could of made something work.
Good luck
John

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Exekiel69 said:
There are 5 of them in my truck on the engine compartment, all with the same part #, now there is one that is not working properly how do I find out wich one is it? If neccesary to buy a new one, how do I know what is the same at the parts store? Since I don't plan to spend $18 a pop at the stealership.

Thank you.

Here is pic from my 93 service manual. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Underhood Fuse Panel.JPG
    Underhood Fuse Panel.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 10

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the left turn light works intermitently so I'm guessing it has something to do with this relays and one of them (at least) is bad.

I was having a similar problem with my turn signals working intermittantly 2 weeks ago when I started hooking it up to the trailer I built and it turned out to be the flasher in the fuse box under the dash. Why it was giving problems with mostly the right side I don't know but I guess the old one couldn't handle the little extra load and gave up the ghost.

Put a new electronic variable load flasher in and no more problems. You may want to check that before digging elsewhere if you havn't done so already.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
tuckerd1 said:
Here is pic from my 93 service manual. Hope this helps.

Thank You, that is exactly what I need. So there is at least 3 relays related to the trailer there, I do have some ford relays but not new so maybe I just go get Me some new 30amp relays like you guys said and see what it does. Tonka
I'll replace that one too.

Thank you guys, I'll post back whether it works or not.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Hey guys I got myself a set of ford relays here price is excellet. They where $18 a piece at the dealer.