EGR delete issue's

OLD93

Dennis
Reaction score
I installed a complete EGR delete kit. It now throw's a check engine light which was kind of expected. The biggest problem is that the back up sensor's no longer function for my wife. Would anyone know if this is a coincidence that the backup sensors just quit at the same time of if they are connected somehow to the CEL? Any suggestion's would be greatly helping our marriage!

Pneuking

Reaction score
Don't unplug the ERG valve. Zip tie her up out of the way and allow it to operate. This satisfies the computer so no codes are thrown. As for the back up sensors, I dunno.

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, CEL can't be caused by bad backup sensors, egr delete has nothin to do with the backup sensors

OLD93

Dennis
Reaction score
I have had the egr valve connected and I mounted it to an empty threaded hole on the neck of the air intake in the open since i did the delete. my guess is that the valve may be bad. I was going to swap a buddy's valve for a test just have not gotten to it yet.

Thanks

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't unplug the ERG valve. Zip tie her up out of the way and allow it to operate. This satisfies the computer so no codes are thrown. As for the back up sensors, I dunno.

This doen't satisfy the PCM for a 2005 year model. It knows all of the expected air flows and system pressures, etc., so it still will think something is wrong. If you delete the EGR system, you really neeed a tuner.

Newman

Reaction score
This doen't satisfy the PCM for a 2005 year model. It knows all of the expected air flows and system pressures, etc., so it still will think something is wrong. If you delete the EGR system, you really neeed a tuner.

I agree! I had the same problem with my 05

Exekiel69

Reaction score
anywhere I can find more info about this? I read a Very long thread on FTE about egr delete but it is a long argument with nothing definite at least at the time I read it.

Thank You.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do deletes, headgaskets, and oil coolers about once a week and here is the skinny. 03-04 will not show a code from doing the delete and then leaving the egr unplugged. 05 is a crap shoot. The earlier ones won't throw a code if you do the delete and just leave the EGR plugged in. About mid 05 and up they must be killed with a tuner. I'm sure someone is going to argue with me about this but I do at least 4 deletes a month minimum. I can just about tell on the 05s at this point if will be an issue as the ones that it will throw a code on run slightly different then the others.

polksfinest

Reaction score
I know i am new to this forum but I do a lot of these and i agree 100 percent with Brimmstone and make sure you get a tuner that will delete the EGR I had a guy who i installed the delete for him and he install a banks system that did not delete the EGR. It threw codes and even caused it to white smoke like crazzy at idle

Respectfully Submitted
Josh Ballard
Lakeland Diesel

Bryce_Burden90

Reaction score
I am new here as well but we also do alot of EGR deletes on the 6.0s, somewhere I have a list of the tuners that have the capability of deleting the EGR

Bryce

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCT is about the best out there in my mind. Used them a bunch of times with no problems. Had trouble with others but never with a SCT unit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online