Edge Juice with attitude ?'s

Racing41

Reaction score
I just bought one and had a few questions. Is it a good setup? Does it have a turbo timer on it? What levels are good for towing? What levels are safe for stock auto tranny? Does it smoke? Are you happy with it? Its going on a 03 QC dually with a SO motor and auto tranny. I have a AFE stage 2 with the pro guard 7, MBRP 4" turbo back with a 5" tip, I have gauges already. If it doesnt come with a turbo timer, what is a good brand to buy? Thanks

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Just helped a buddy install one on his 24 valve 2nd gen and have played with it a little. I was impressed as it did wake her up. It has 5 levels with level two being recommend by them for towing. It does have a turbo timer - takes a couple hours to install.

The tranny won't like much over about level 2 on a regular basis, my buddy says that after driving his for a couple of weeks he can feel that the tranny is slipping in heavy throttle when she's on the upper settings. As long as you don't drive it like you stole it the tranny should hold on for a while. That is the approach he is taking.

killer

Custom User Title
Reaction score
For regular driving, I went with level 3. There wasn't much smoke on that level. I didn't tow anything with my truck, so I can't say how much you can get away with there.

Racing41

Reaction score
I have another question. If I am gonna mount it up above the mirror with the overhead mount, do I need the 3 ft extention?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7