Edge CTS Programmer/monitor

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so the Moose Wagon turned 200K and I figured its going to start throwing codes soon, so I bought a whizbang Edge Products CTS which is supposedly the latest and greatest. I got it mostly for the diagnostics and monitoring, but I'm hoping to do something too with the shift points. Power is not something I'm looking for more of, but economy would be nice. Anyway, does anyone else have one of these? I set it up, and it's been running the stock program, but I wanted to see what the towing program looked like, so I tried to program it. I can't tell if I messed up or just what, but after programming it, it wouldn't start. I ended up changing it back to stock, and getting to work 45 minutes late. Mental note... no programming on a cold truck before work. Also, the glow plug light is on constantly during the programming. That's pretty scary. I'd like to play with the trans shift points, but there isn't much in the book on doing that. Short of calling their tech support, I thought I'd start here first.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so it looks like I'm on my own here, so here is what I learned for those who search in the future.

The PATS anti-theft system will give you grief. When you do the programming, it's important to remove the key for 30 seconds every time you turn the ignition OFF. Once you program, and your ready to start it, you have to turn the ignition on, and watch the Theft light. If it is flashing fast, just wait about 1 minute. It should go out. Then turn the key off and remove it for 30 seconds. Put it back in, and when you turn the key on, the theft light should illumate and not flash. This will allow the truck to start. I thought I was broke down at work with a truck that wouldn't run, and it was because I wasn't following this proceedure (which isn't in the manual - but a call to Edge tech support supplied the answer). So far I really like the Edge Evolution.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mel,your best bet for psd info is over on superdutydiesel.i have found the psd info here isnt that great and not all that reliable.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I didn't have any problem with mine Mel but then again I have the older version and no experience with the newest evolution of the programer(pun intended) I've always heard good things about edges tech support which was one of the reasns I went with them. I personally like the tow setting best for driveability and shift pattern but run the extreme setting with my own adjustments and it works pretty well with about 19mpg and still haveing plenty of power if I feel the need to lay some rubber

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm super pleased. I felt bad spending that much money on what might have been a toy, but the damn thing is going to pay for itself in short order. My MPG is UP 2 to 4. I saw 23 MPG on the highway! I used to have to fill the tank on Monday, and then again on Friday. I will make it 7 days now!

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Sorry I missed your post till now, I could've eased your pain earlier :)

Yeah the theft thingie got me the first time too!

LOL

p.s. the mileage gauge in the center top console lies, you should do your calculations by hand, they tend to differ a great deal from what the truck says...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance