early 6.9 piston cooling nozzles?

Black dawg

Reaction score
I have a really low mile rebuild 6.9, that two of the nozzles (re used in the rebuild) fell out of. I am looking, but cant find a new set. Anybody know where to look?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Those are long ago out of stock not to be replaced. Best I can suggest is International and do a nationwide search. Might be some on a shelf somewhere.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you feel like converting to bolt in I have a handful of salvaged ones.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Requires a drill and tap for each one, if memory serves...if your block is bare, it's feasible.

Hopefully someone who's done it can chime in on the process.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your going to convert to bolt in squiters, there is a very specific orentation so they squirt in the right place or you will have two hot cylinders/pistons. Since you have the other six in yet, pay attention to where they are squirting.

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remeber a guy looking for these a while ago, he found them at Ford for almost 60 bucks each! if you have a bare block I would get a set of bolt in ones and do the bit of work and this way you dont have to worry about them falling out.

You must be registered for see images attach

Black dawg

Reaction score
I am sure I have some bolt in squirters somewhere, and I wondered if it was possible to convert (was too lazy to look I guess). Get those fixed, then some head studs and replace the core plugs that are JB welded in, and it should be good to go.

Ford F834

Reaction score
Even if you find new oil squirters, the press-in type require a special installation tool that is also obsolete and just about impossible to find. I don't know how critical it is to use the tool, but seeing as yours are falling out there might be something to that... kind of like the freeze plug issue. I have never heard of retro-fitting bolt in oilers but if it is possible I would highly consider that option.

Black dawg

Reaction score
It is kind of funny, this engine was rebuilt about 15 years ago, and ran good for a couple weeks when the oil psi went to crap and was parked. The truck changed hands several times, but nobody ever fixed it. I dont know who built the engine, but them not knowing some of this idi specific stuff led to me getting the engine for almost nothing.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Someone probably either pulled them out or broke them off when rebuilding it.
As far as I know, I'm the only person that has the installation tools and alignment dowel for them.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad you outed yourself Ron for having the tool. I knew you had a tool......:sly:angel:

Black dawg

Reaction score
Someone probably either pulled them out or broke them off when rebuilding it.
As far as I know, I'm the only person that has the installation tools and alignment dowel for them.

They all look like they were pulled and reinstalled (vise grip tracks).

Do you have experience with re using these?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
If they're not damaged, they can be reused. Having them aligned properly is critical.