Badger Pistons for a 6.9?

pefs27

Reaction score
So I am rebuilding my 6.9 and I found some cheap pistons that match my 0.030" oversized cylinders. I was planning on re-using the old pistons which are Mahle's, but my machinist told me they where no good, so now I am stuck looking for 0.030" pistons. The pistons I found are from badger. From what I've seen, some people say they are good and some say they are junk. I'm not going crazy on power, and it is a pretty close to stock rebuild. Just head studs and maybe a little boost down the road. Ive been looking for pistons for almost 4 months, and this is closest I have come to finding something that will work. Mahle doesn't make them in 0.030" anymore, and sealed power doesn't either. Silvolite does make them, but they are twice the price and I imagine they are equal to the badgers given that both are cast pistons. Does anyone know if these pistons are any good, or where to find some?

Thanks!

FrozenMerc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Badgers will probably be fine for a stock rebuild. Throw a bunch of boost and heat at it and their life span will decrease exponetially.