E4od problems.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Agreed, I see no need for a manual when towing using Tow/Haul mode. I also use it when we go to the inlaws in the hills of SE Kentucky....... makes it easy to control speed on the mountains......

Now I'm getting an itch to drive a six oh again. It's been a long time since I played with a 5R.LOLLOL

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, The 4R works off the PCM, which requires a couple more sensors to operate. You can go with a stand alone controller.
A stand alone controller will allow you to do what ever you want with the tranny. Full manual shift up or down. Control of the converter lock function. You can just throw it in drive and cruise.

do you know who makes a stand alone controller?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Now I'm getting an itch to drive a six oh again. It's been a long time since I played with a 5R.LOLLOL

They are a lot of fun...... right now thanks to a Ford Engine Engineer, my 6.0 is my Daily Driver again.... damn all plastic early 4.6L intake.......

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked out the Baumann tranny controller, there are two models and they have a lot of cool features. there a little pricy, the first one is $425 and the second one is $585. it is something I would really like to have. has anyone ever used one of these before?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called US shift to get more info about there controller. the guy I spoke to seemed pretty knowledgeable, he said it is a common upgrade for E4OD owners. has anyone ever used one of these controllers?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I called US shift to get more info about there controller. the guy I spoke to seemed pretty knowledgeable, he said it is a common upgrade for E4OD owners. has anyone ever used one of these controllers?

I cannot comment on US Shift, because I haven't played with one yet.:D

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked out the wiring more on the computer and this is what I found. with the computer un plugged I had one power wire that is all ways showing 12v, it made no difference if the truck was running or not. it is a bigger yellow wire. I took the computer out and cleaned it but there was no difference. I had little luck finding a wire diagram but I found one that said there should be a constant 12v and a switched 12v. I'm not sure if that's correct or not.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what wires should have 12v going to the tranny controller?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks, that helps a lot. it seems I have lost the switched 12v power. il replace the relay for that circuit and see if that helps. any other ideas of why it would loose power?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The relays have a circuit printed or embossed on them showing the coil, one side is grounded the other side is powered from the key, pull the relay and check coil contact for 12VDC, check the ground side for 0 resistance to ground. The coil is 85 & 86, marked next to the pins if it's a Ford or Bosch etc relay. If it's a 413157 relay, coil is 1 & 2.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726