E4OD help!!!!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good chance the input shaft quit. They make a loud snap, then you have no action from the tranny.:eek:

Normally they break while doing a good brake stand.:rotflmao

Never heard of a input shaft breaking when in reverse. Drive shaft not engaged except when TC is locked up.

But this could have happened below pics. 3rd pic is the drive shaft, short one splined sticking out of the pump drive shaft.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

f350beast

Reaction score
at a main base for transit back to the states. and im going to look at the torque converter when i get home. how much do they run and how do i make a signiture?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Making a signature. Go to your User CP, put the truck info in Edit signature.

Torque converters run any where from $250 on up to several thousands. Myself I got a good billet low stall, rated 700 HP, for $169 on ebay. Fact is it came out of Phenix City AL. ebay mrtransmission2000

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sig didn't show up on the bottom of your post, ya sure you saved the changes after typing in the info.

TC is hard to tell if exploded internally, but it usually rattles if it did. You said you heard a loud pop, that could be anything, just have to check the driveline.

DragRag

Reaction score
By all means look at the transfer case to. I over looked it, and rebuilt an auto trans for no good reason. It was well worn to but I like to wait till they are done usually before rebuilding them.....

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Never heard of a input shaft breaking when in reverse. Drive shaft not engaged except when TC is locked up.

But this could have happened below pics. 3rd pic is the drive shaft, short one splined sticking out of the pump drive shaft.

The input shaft runs the entire tranny. They can break forward or reverse. Usually they strip out the splines. The updated version shears right off with some good power.:eek::D

Photo number three is the input shaft looking at you.:D

David94IDIT

Reaction score
Exact thing happened to me backing in to a spot out in Glamis. Had it towed all the way to San Diego area. Ended up being a shaft. Don't remember which one. I was told the trans had been rebuilt before using parts from a gas trans. Backing into deep sand. Heard a huge pop. Lost all gears. 1200.00 to have it rebuilt.