E4OD from Monster Transmission for my 1993

stevebates

Reaction score
Finally received my E4OD from Monster Transmissions after waiting nearly three months. I have the old tranny out and sitting beside the new one. I went to install the MLPS, but to my surprise, the length of the new shaft is about an inch shorter (the thickness of the MLPS) than the old one. My MLPS will not work on this tranny. Am I *****'ed or is there a way around my MLPS not fitting. Thanks in advance for all the information.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
You will need to swap out the manual lever.
Pull the pan, you will see a little roll pin. Carefully remove the roll pin. Swap out the manual lever.

stevebates

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have called and left message plus have emailed them. I will wait for there reply and update the results.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Video from MT on changing shift lever from old transmission to new transmission. Apparently this is not unusual.

Poppeld

Reaction score
I had to swap the linkage when I got mine back from MT. I believe the shipping checklist they email you specifies removing your linkage and saving it in case the one they put on to test the transmission is different than the one you had. I’ll look back and see if I can find it.

Edit:
Here’s a screen shot from my order summary.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So have these guys cured all the issues with this tranny?
It would be nice to have a good heavy use trans option...
I say heavy use cuz everything is "heavy duty" today, just try and buy standard duty items...
What's a full tilt build cost w\converter?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say heavy use cuz everything is "heavy duty" today, just try and buy standard duty items...

I've heard mixed reviews about them so I'd do some searching if you're considering one. Just a heads up. They might be fine, but I've heard both ways.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hollieweird automotive shows are hawking them of late....
I recall the bowler crew being the go to company.
Just curious if there is a new outlet for those unfortunate individual owners of one .
Sold my c-6 truck for a 5 gear one!

stevebates

Reaction score
The linkage issue has been resolved. I should have read all the fine print. They expect you to replace their linkage with yours. It is surprising to me that I have to install my old shift linkage. I will post more on tranny after I install and drive it. Too soon to tell just yet. Their customer service is lacking. Put more to the point, it sucks. Hard to talk to a person, and they do not call back when they say they will. The old saying "buyer beware" comes to mind. If you are in a hurry for a transmission, maybe other places would be better. Took real close to three months to get mine. It might be a hum dinger of a tranny. I am hoping for the best.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a sad commentary on American business....
Godspeed
I hope the wait was tottttttaly worth it!

5 oclock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Monster transmission from my experience is trash. Yes I have bought one. Yes it took longer than expected. No it didn't look like what they sold me. No it wasn't easy to get a hold of someone, at all! No they don't do their own work. No it wasn't complete on arrival ( neutral safety switch issue). Yes they are all about the fine print. Yes they will defend themselves to nauseum despite evidence to their fault. No I would never buy from them again. Support local if possible.

Poppeld

Reaction score
I have to agree. The customer service does suck. Though, I’ve put about 3,500 miles on the E4OD I got from them and it has been fine. If I were to do it again I’d probably save a little more money and go elsewhere or just build it myself.

Poppeld

Reaction score
I was into mine right at $3,200. 2wd Black beast, thor billet multi clutch low stall tc, level 2 shift firmness, and their brand of fluid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86