E4od from gasser

jlwoods99

Reaction score
Guys, I found a E4od from an 91 gasser listed as a 460, will this work with my 92 diesel or is there something I would have to change?

thanks
jim

Lithgow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if i am wrong, but I thought there was a way to modify the tranny (ie drill new holes that line up) I have never done this, but thought I remember someone doing it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Everything posted above is ture. Lots of work to make a gasser auto trans work in our diesel but it can be done. If you feel you can drill the pilots and the bolt holes correctly then I say go for it but remember. the tc and the valve body must be changed out. Actually the most important thing is getting the pilots drilled correctly. If those are not drilled correctly and the trans bolts up off center then the vibration is going to ruin the converter and the front seal fast. Theses only about 1 or 2 thousands tolerance in that connection from the converter to the crank bushing. Have the trans too high or off to the left or right and you have vibration.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Correct me if i am wrong, but I thought there was a way to modify the tranny (ie drill new holes that line up) I have never done this, but thought I remember someone doing it.

This will work for a ZF5 manual tranny. Not for a gas version of the E4. There isn't enough material to drill out.