E-fuel mounting question

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I just got the Holley red hooked up and have a question. I ended up mounting it on the back side of my coolant filter ( which is mounted off the filter head ) because it literally fit perfect on the same mount/bolts. My only concern is the vibrations from the engine. Do you guys think it will be enough to cause issues with the pump?
You must be registered for see images attach

gandalf

Reaction score
When I mounted my Facet pump I was told it would be wiser to not mount it on anything directly affected by the engine vibration, and the prefferably avoid the entire engine compartment dur to the possibility of heat soaking the pump. Consequently mine is mounter on the frame rail.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the holley Red/Blue/Black pumps are vane designs, which ideally should be mounted upright, but so are hydraulic accumulators and plenty of them get racked horizontally, so take that with a grain of reality salt. I don't like mounting anything electrical on the paint shaker that these engines are, but that is a super nice, clean installation. I might put a piece of rubber between the mount and the pump and leave it where it is. I'd write your date and odometer on the outside of the pump (or in your log book somewhere) and see if/when it gives you any problems.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Facet 40285 is mounted on a homemade aluminum bracket bolted to the right inner fender. It's far enough from the engine that heat does not seem to be an issue, and the plastic fenderwell should mute the vibrations.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the holley Red/Blue/Black pumps are vane designs, which ideally should be mounted upright, but so are hydraulic accumulators and plenty of them get racked horizontally, so take that with a grain of reality salt. I don't like mounting anything electrical on the paint shaker that these engines are, but that is a super nice, clean installation. I might put a piece of rubber between the mount and the pump and leave it where it is. I'd write your date and odometer on the outside of the pump (or in your log book somewhere) and see if/when it gives you any problems.
Haha paint shaker!!! :rotflmao

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys ! I live outside of town and I don't have enough fuel line on hand to move it at the moment, and it really does fit nicely there so I guess I'll leave it and see what happens !