E-Fuel Conversion and New IP!

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I am not seeing how it is either unless some of his other things(ie superpump,reg, or something else he has done) caused the pump to go bad but idk im not there in his shoes.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Heath, if i had contacted Justin before i installed the second pump he would have been able to claim the shipping damage with the USPS, but since i installed it he couldn't file a claim with USPS. regardless if the shipping damage caused the lack of fuel out-put and the cold advance to not work is any ones guess at this point, but things would have been better all around if i had contacted Justin right away when i got the second pump.

redneckaggie is on the right track.....i suspect that my high(about 6psi) of return line pressure that i had when the first R&D pump was on there is what caused that one to not perform for me. i am sure that when Justin tests it on a bench it will flow just fine. And the shipping damage messed up the second pump.

Last edited:

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread isn't useless yet, it could be used to solve the issue like what about adding a port to each sending unit and add a extra electric selector valve tied to the original via the input from the switch to run a dedicated return. It also did confirm what I was worried about as far as tying the return off the press reg into the return from the injectors.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
small update on the Carter lift pump.....still running it and am happy with it(loud little guy though when the engine isn't on though LOL). From my experience with the carter pump i would recommend it.....Just an FYI for those looking at suitable electric lift pumps.

other than that nothing worth noting has changed.

Also, i am not sure if i mentioned it in here, but when i was still running the super duty lift pump i was thinking of running the dedicated return from the regulator back to the pre-pump filter head(have not done filters on the frame rail yet). decided to go the Carter pump route instead. It appears that would have worked though as a member on FTE did his dedicated return this way and he says it worked out great for him. So that sounds like it may be an option if you don't want to put a hole in your fuel tank.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see said the blind man to the deaf dog... Or atleast a little less ignorant to what was going on. Came across some stuff whilst looking for answers.....

Do you know if he added a check valve on the tank side of the supply or did he just T it in? Or a link would be nice for a read while I sit through my wife's conceal carry class.

And I didn't say any thing about punching a hole in the tank, just the sending units.

Last edited:

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I guess i missed your last post Leeland.....if you asking about the guy that put his regulated return into his filter head here it is.....not much info on it but a little bit.....

Fuel system worked flawlessly. I have my regulator return plumbed into the primary filterhead pre-pump. The only issue i have found with this setup is if there is air in the loop there is nowhere for it to go. So i had to manually bleed the loop (not hard) and then it was just fine. The engine return system is more than capable of getting rid of air, however maybe not 6' of 3/8" line, and 2 filters worth of air.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baaaack from the dead
Lookin for a faucet replacement