E-Fuel Conversion and New IP!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
When I swapped on the moose pump the trans shifted crazy, I didn't even get the meter out, just backed it off a little and it shifts great now. Mine builds boost from about 1500 up. Seems like it's not fueling enough down low. you have an ats right? When I had my ats it boosted pretty quick. what I like about the idi is even without a turbo they have balls out the ass, the turbo just helps the top end.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Following closely since I to seem to have gotten 3 bad pumps in a row also. Right now my truck is getting a Moose pump installed by Mel's crew but I am starting to re think it possible that I could have had excessive return pressure. I have a completely stock system with the exception of a carter electric pushing my stock carter lift pump. Yea I know not the best but I have a steady 2-3 psi under heavy throttle.

I have also been running pump diesel since the last rally. I am hoping to have a new truck this week after Mel is done with it! My truck has been a slow good running **** since I bought it about 7 years ago.

Black dawg

Reaction score
as far as the shift points, I have never actually worried what the voltage settings where, just use them for reference to know where you are/were.

I have never had idle voltage under 1.2v, and have had it as high as 1.5v

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
as far as the shift points, I have never actually worried what the voltage settings where, just use them for reference to know where you are/were.

I have never had idle voltage under 1.2v, and have had it as high as 1.5v

X 2.

I use the voltage as a base line. After a test drive I figure which way to give the TPS a twist to give the best shifts. :D

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Anybody wanna buy my new fancy lift pump and/or regulator?(serious question).

Did some more talking with racin', he said to try and turn the FP down to 1-2psi, if i couldn't get the pressure that low then that means i had too much pressure in the return system. sure enough i couldn't get the pressure lower than 6psi. I put my return lines back to stock and put the return line off the regulator into a jug and started it up. I got about 35 ounces of fuel out of the return port off of just the regulator in about 15 seconds. i was gonna take it for a drive with the return line unhooked but i don't have a container big enough to hook to and drive at the same time. my test tonight told me what i need to know though. with a SMALLER lift pump on there it should run like a ***** ape...the way it should!

As far as my idle is concerned.....the pump was dinged up in shipping and he thinks that a part on the throttle shaft under the top cover of the IP is moved around causing me to not be able to adjust the idle.

So the SD pump and the reg is coming out and a duralift is going in its place.

Oog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be a little too late, but when I did my e-fuel, I left the mechanical pump attached, and loooped the lines with a little bit of diesel fuel.

I figured that if my e-pump ever dies on me, it's about 5 minutes worth of rearranging lines and bleeding, and I'm up and running. Fuel can be pulled through e-pump without restriction.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
got my idle speed issue fixed. had to take the top cover off the IP and adjust the nut in there, that turned down the idle enough where i can now fine tune it with the external idle screw.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
well.......

Today i got a carter lift pump from summit, mounted it down on the frame where the SD pump was, and i took out the regulator.

the truck is running again and it goes down the road which is about all i can ask for.....

I guess you guys can now say "i told you so"......you can interpret that how ever you want, be it in regards to the choice of IP of the choice of lift pump system....

Hey it's only money, i can just go to work and make more right...........

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well.......

Today i got a carter lift pump from summit, mounted it down on the frame where the SD pump was, and i took out the regulator.

the truck is running again and it goes down the road which is about all i can ask for.....

I guess you guys can now say "i told you so"......you can interpret that how ever you want, be it in regards to the choice of IP of the choice of lift pump system....

Hey it's only money, i can just go to work and make more right...........
It was never the choice in IP that I saw as a problem, it was a choice in lift and other doohickeythingamajiggies that just seemed to over complicate a very simple setup.

In order to run that lift and reg, you need to run a dedicated return line from the reg to the tank or to a valve then to the TANKS independent of the factory return setup through the FSV. Had you created a secondary fuel pump return system I feel your setup would have done great.

Regardless your running now and that's really what it's about. So..how well is it running anyway?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online