E-Fuel Conversion and New IP!

Black dawg

Reaction score
yes sir

but since i installed it, it is mine.

did the pump have visible damage before you installed it? How are you supposed to know that the gov. was incorrectly adjusted and that the cold advance sol. didnt work without installation.

Last edited:

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
no it didn't work before nor does it work now.

the only visible damage was the bent tab that the TPS "hooks" to to get its reading off the throttle shaft.

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you push the issue enough, involve the BBB, hell even small claims court, i bet you would get your money back. A business cannot ship a bad product and refuse to take a return (in this case you had no idea the pump was bad, just based on a bent tab). Fight it, i assume they do have a business number or however that works, the BBB can get involved and no one wants their business name tarnished.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you push the issue enough, involve the BBB, hell even small claims court, i bet you would get your money back. A business cannot ship a bad product and refuse to take a return (in this case you had no idea the pump was bad, just based on a bent tab). Fight it, i assume they do have a business number or however that works, the BBB can get involved and no one wants their business name tarnished.

I'd say and this is just me, talk to shipper and claim damage to pump as evidenced by the bent arm and such. Instruct them to pay for replacement pump and cover shipping charges.

If you are not happy with your current builder, return the pump once shipper claim is settled and then proceed to purchase a pump from your supplier of choice.

In all likelyhood one cannot say what was damaged other than a pump guy internally. We can all make WAG but that's it.

The shipper is responsible for damages and as such it's their battle not the suppliers.

JM2CW

xcite

Reaction score
no, it runs like ABSOLUTE DOG ****!!!

the IP i have is complete junk. the cold advance doesn't even work on the thing.

How have you determined the cold advance isnt working? Did you use a timing light to verify timing change when trying to operate cold advance? Did you put the cover back on right after removing it?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i can hear that the cold advance isn't coming on. as you know, when these trucks are cold(engine temp) the make a nice rattle when first started, mine when first started sounds like it has been running all day. yes, i put the cover back on the right way.There is a collar with a tab that goes on the end of the throttle shaft. the TPS sits on that and that is what moves the TPS when you give it throttle.

xcite

Reaction score
i can hear that the cold advance isn't coming on. as you know, when these trucks are cold(engine temp) the make a nice rattle when first started, mine when first started sounds like it has been running all day. yes, i put the cover back on the right way.There is a collar with a tab that goes on the end of the throttle shaft. the TPS sits on that and that is what moves the TPS when you give it throttle.

I am not trying to be disrespectfull, but you cant always tell by sound if it is working or not. What was the voltage when you checked it? What do you have your timing set at? Are you sure the throttle shaft was not bent to?

Sorry for all the questions but there is to much missing info to understand how you have come to your claims. The only way to know for sure if cold advance isnt working is with a timing meter.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you make sure your sensor isn't faulty though? it's the odd sensor out over on the t-sat side that sends power to the cold timing advance solenoid until a certain temp is reached,of which i can never remember haha! like around 120ish degree's anyway though.maybe you crossed the wires is all cus it would be strange sure,to have a sensor go bad during an ip swap.not sure if they're long enough to accidentally cross between fast idle and timing advance anyway either but check for power at the timing advance line,or jumping a hot line to the solenoid to test it is easy enough.or you verified that already?
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

either way,a faulty cold timing advance shouldn't be a cause for how your truck runs one way or the other still.
being your 3rd ip,id suspect something else was up.you must too right?

time to double,triple down on the boost leak quest and possibly fuel injector pop and spray test.you've got to get to the bottom of it cus she isn't going to fix herself.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i'm just done with this now.....

I want to make it CYRSTAL CLEAR that i am not blaming R&D IDI for what is going on. every problem that is happening with my system right now is 100% my fualt.

Mod's, if you could just close this thread, i would appreciate it. there is just nothing to be gained from this thread at this point.

Black dawg

Reaction score
i'm just done with this now.....

I want to make it CYRSTAL CLEAR that i am not blaming R&D IDI for what is going on. every problem that is happening with my system right now is 100% my fualt.

Mod's, if you could just close this thread, i would appreciate it. there is just nothing to be gained from this thread at this point.

with an avatar like that, you gotta at least get the thing running right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online