Dually wheel base width? Will it fit?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to get down to the dude in GA. I just read he has a dually. My trailer has skinny ramps, but it might be ok... I also am not sure how wide the dually is and if it will be ok on the trailer?

I might not be able to get down there myself, but I can lend my CC and trailer to him if someone can bring it down there?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from what I can see of your trailer, it's too light for the job. correct me if I'm wrong. you have a 17' two axle trailer with 5 lug wheels and a deck width of 86" . If I'm guessing right, you are good for 7000lb gross. That's trailer and load combined. My CC dually won't fit on my 18' carrier bed. It needs a 21' if you want to be able to play a little with the tongue weight. Even with a 10k/lb gross trailer, you will be just slightly overweight. This is taking into account most CC duallies run a travel weight of 9500 lbs, not counting a towed load. Add the weight of a 10k trailer, and that roughly is 3k/lbs. If you are pulled into the scales, you'll be roughly 2000lbs over. Out here, overweight tickets at a buck a pound over legal gross. Your state may be different. One more thing. Most 10k/lb trailers are 96" or 102" wide. At the 102" mark, you won't have to single out the rears. At the 96" width, you may have to do so. Most everybody and their brother can handle car trailers, CC duallies are a whole other animal and if you are equipped to handle such a monster, you will be making money when you are rolling the trailer for the job.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to get down to the dude in GA. I just read he has a dually. My trailer has skinny ramps, but it might be ok... I also am not sure how wide the dually is and if it will be ok on the trailer?

I might not be able to get down there myself, but I can lend my CC and trailer to him if someone can bring it down there?

The duallies are 102" wide at the rear wheels and the trailer would have to be able to haul 8800 lbs.. Danielle, the trailer would have to be like a deckover, or without fenders.

Another thing is, he cannot leave his cargo trailer there, both have to be moved at the same time which presents a big problem.

EDIT:Just talked to Jim. He is willing to pay $500 to have his cargo trailer towed to Indianapolis IN, he would ride with the hauler to there. He also would pay $500 to have his truck trailered to Franklin OH. The Cargo trailer would have to be towed 1st, he would leave the truck for later pickup. The truck weigh's 8800 lbs so a trailer would have to be big enough to haul a F350 dually. Anyone can call him Two six zero 804 Six Six 95.
Sorry Mod's but he is in deep po po.

Last edited:

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:( Well he can still use the CC if it can handle his cargo trailer? I am assuming a dolly or tow bar is not an option either

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I wonder how bored my boss is... I dont know if he'd run to GA and back for $500, but i'll ask. He has a 2011 F350 6.7L so all he'd need to know is what kind of hitch.

We also have a 22k gross gooseneck, but again, I can't pull it....he would have to.

I'll ask him tomorrow.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. At the cost of diesel, thats about what it would cost from here, it's 740 miles one way from here. My neck is feeling better, might try it myself today sometime.
Bill

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trailer is on it's way home. A friend of Jims from Carlisle OH went down and is towing it back.
Thanks to everyone that was concerned and offered to help.

His truck is still in Georgia, it's up for sale down there. Check the Market Place for details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online