Driveshaft support bearing

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I used a cutoff wheel to remove mine. Outer race and cage are obvious. I very carefully scored across the inner race and smacked it kind of tangentially and it opened up the race enough to get it off.
This is how I got my old one off a couple of years ago.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave up. I cant get the slip yoke apart. We beat on it for 30 minutes! I am just going to damage it if I keep trying. Off to the driveline guy it goes. I hate it when I cant do a simple job

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Sometimes it helps to use a pair of channel lock pliers on the cap. Did you try a little bit of heat to break it loose?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Since it's out of your truck, maybe you could hook something on to one end, anchor the other end to something solid, and then pull it apart? Chain one end to a tree and pull on the other end with a come along?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it helps to use a pair of channel lock pliers on the cap. Did you try a little bit of heat to break it loose?
Yes I tried channelocks and the rubber just spins. I am afraid that if I damage it I wont be able to source another in a timely fashion. I do not have access to a torch and I would not want to burn up the rubber anyway. I guess I could get my wife to help me hold it over the stove!

Mishka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried a mapp pro gas and hammer with chisel to no avail....ended up having to take it to a shop with my part, they was nice enough to grease my new ujoints while they had it

You must be registered for see images attach

gfemling

Reaction score
I gave up. I cant get the slip yoke apart. We beat on it for 30 minutes! I am just going to damage it if I keep trying. Off to the driveline guy it goes. I hate it when I cant do a simple job
Okay have to ask- did the slip joint and seal just slide off the splined part (that’s how I have been disassembling in past) or does the end seal screw off? My suspicion is it is a press fit on the outer shaft and not meant to be removed.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay have to ask- did the slip joint and seal just slide off the splined part (that’s how I have been disassembling in past) or does the end seal screw off? My suspicion is it is a press fit on the outer shaft and not meant to be removed.
Dunno. I tried unscrewing it. Prying etc. Gave up before I did more damage. Took it to the driveline guy but he can't even touch it till the beginning of March.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7