Doors unlocking and locking on there own?

Cppr Busa

Reaction score
Well I was driving through town and my doors started locking and unlocking. It did that atleast 30 times. Seemed to happen at approximatly 20-30mph. Then once I was traveling down the road at about 55 the horn started going off as if I were hitting it very fast. It lasted about 30 seconds and stopped. Im hoping that someone has some ideas. Thanks for any and all input!!!!

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Graemlins... Have you had any recent electrical work done, like a new stereo or anything? New chip? Anything done to the vehicle that might have cause this problem or did it just happen out of the blue?

Cppr Busa

Reaction score
Well about 2 onths ago I had a sterio installed with xm radio. I never thought of that but its a possibility.

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cppr Busa
Well about 2 onths ago I had a sterio installed with xm radio. I never thought of that but its a possibility.

The install might have tapped into something incorrectly or jarred something loose. That's the first place I'd start and I'd bet you find your problem there.

Electrical issues are usually the hardest to find and a bear to diagnose!!!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look for an improper tap into another source to power the new tunes OR look for a crimped or skinned wire that is grounding out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online