Door lock actuators

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not as easy as it sounds Ray. The rivet is a must have. It's the only way to keep your sanity. ;Sweet
I don't recall it being all that hard. Whatever size small bolt I used on the inside of the bracket then, feed through the door w/a nut on the outside...been a few years.

Last edited:

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK,
Got the two in on the passengers side. Work great. The two on the drivers side have been in, and now are out again. They actuate, but with not enough power to move the lock. What is up?
Bad motors? or what, why the two on the drivers side only?

Thanks
Doug

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK,
Got the two in on the passengers side. Work great. The two on the drivers side have been in, and now are out again. They actuate, but with not enough power to move the lock. What is up?
Bad motors? or what, why the two on the drivers side only?

Thanks
Doug
Maybe lube the locks...load up with WD-40 to free, then some thin Oil like.....3in1 etc.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering Ford gets about $125 for one of those now, that link is a real deal, even if they don't work. LOL Which begs the question, where did you get these that do not have enough power to move the drivers side?

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like the ones that I got. I got them off of e-bay.... 2 of the 4 worked. and at $12 instead of $125...got to try it.

Called them and they are sending replacements. Just strange that both on the same side have issues. BUT the rear lock on this side was the only one that the OEM motor was still working on. So I am assuming that it is a motor issue now, at least on the rear one. The front is hard to push with no motor. Guess I need to see if I can pull it out of the door, and look at it. Any tips on that? or what to look for?
thanks
Doug