Doopy the Plow Truck gets a Cummins 4BT

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Update for today:

I got the Injection lines reinstalled, minus the injectors. got the senders for the stock oil, and temp gauges. Got the turbo boost line kit, and installed it in the manifold. I got the front of the motor back together, belt, alt, tensioner, and clutch fan. Also got the new coolant lines run to the Aftercooler.

You must be registered for see images

OH,...And as a reminder, ..Here are the before pics!,..

So at this point I am basically done with the motor. I just need to get the POD Injectors, installed. I should get them by Tuesday. I only have a couple of misc clamps to put on, and the fuel return line, dump some oil in it and get ready to start it up.

Thats it for now,...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very impressive work, as always...I must say, following this build is potentially bad for my pocketbook :shocked: :D I love my IDI, but I've always wanted a 6BT :angel:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
-Drool:Thumbs Up

Purdy, is that ceramic coating on the mani/turbo or just high heat paint?

Thanks!,..Nope just High Heat Paint, I used the same stuff on Big Ed, and it worked pretty well. Intake Snail is Rustolieum Hammered.

Are you going to wait to test fire it on the stand before you drop it in the truck?

The Plan is to fire it on the stand before putting it in the truck, Hope to do that on Wed or Thrs,..Still waiting on my Injectors.

Very impressive work, as always...I must say, following this build is potentially bad for my pocketbook I love my IDI, but I've always wanted a 6BT

Thanks Warden,..All it takes is money,....:D and time,..

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thanks Guys! ;Sweet

Update, Still waiting for the Performance Injectors so I can finish up the motor, Should be here tomorrow.

In the mean time, I started getting the patient ready for the for the heart transplant.

Cleaning Droopy for Surgery.

Rolling Droopy into the Chop Shop:

Preparing for the patient for surgery:

Drain the old vital fluid (gasoline) for a transfusion of Diesel.

Installing Pillar Pod for gauges to monitor the new heart.

Yea this whole post was pretty corny,..but it just kinda flowed out of me,...sorry,...;p

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
So I was able to work on the truck for a while tonight.

I got rid of that awful Fuel System! I have had more fuel related problems with this truck, in Tank Pumps, Frame Pumps, Tank Switchers, everything,..So it felt good to Rip it all out!

I have a diesel sender that I will drop in and use that instead of cobbling up the gas sender. I just need change the plug for the sender from a 4 wire plug to a 2 wire plug.

Then I will to the fuel neck mod while I have it out.

Thats bout it for now,,..

88IDImattman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i follow this thread an my wifey is afraid because i always see somthing else i want to do to my truck .....an i am a big fan of the 6bt an the 4bt .....an i wonder which would be better on fuel for me .....but keep up the work because this is a great looking project

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
i follow this thread an my wifey is afraid because i always see somthing else i want to do to my truck .....an i am a big fan of the 6bt an the 4bt .....an i wonder which would be better on fuel for me .....but keep up the work because this is a great looking project

I know how it goes, As far as better on fuel it would be the 4bt by far, but if you are working it hard you would want the 6bt.

UPTATDE:

The Price Of Darkness Injectors showed up today, got em installed:

Also got the Turbo to Intake Tube boots and clamps installed today:

Last edited:

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's it, I have to find me one of these for the F100. The F100 has a mild-cammed roller 302 with forged pistons in it, which would be more at home in a Mustang carcass than this.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
That's it, I have to find me one of these for the F100. The F100 has a mild-cammed roller 302 with forged pistons in it, which would be more at home in a Mustang carcass than this.

The F100 would get close to 30 mpg with the 4bt! That would be one cool ride!

Here is a quick video of the 4bt running:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0WBsVBfx3w

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726