Dome Light

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I been trying to figure out the little things on my truck like the dang dome lights. None of them work but the front passenger side. I swaped them all to that plug and all the plugs work. I been really wanting to get the front drivers side to work. I hate getting in it in the dark. I pulled a lot of the wire loom off and cant find any corroded wiring. I am assuming its something in the wiring making it do this since I can swap them to the one that works and it still works. Any one have tips on this? Also the Buzzer does activate upon letting out on the button on the switch for the driver side.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Ive switched the switches around to the passenger side and the dome light works but not on the driver side, so its not the switch thats bad.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Is that side getting any power??? If you know the door switch works then the wireing is the issue. Remove the door switch and check the wire for hot....

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Should only be two wires

One wire has constant power for the Map lights.
The other wire is only hot when the door is opened or when you turn the headlight knob.
the ground is made by one of the screws going thru the housing into the metal roof

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that problem also. I checked it out the same way you did, but i discovered that the problem was actually the harnes plug. I haven't tryd fixin yet, but I think changing the plug out for crimp on fittings may be the answer:dunno

Does your truck have 4 door swithches? mine only has the front two!

BTW--I like the new truck;Sweet much better lookin than the dually.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Mine has the switch for all 4 doors. The drivers door has 3 wires because of the light and the door buzzer.

BTW I got the problem fixed. Happened to get the test light out, tore back all the wire loom and seen where ford made there splice to go to all 4 doors, the thicker green wire is the feed, I was getting power there but not after there splice. I cut it out added some wire and resoldered it all and now all 4 switches work. It was a PITA to solder 5 wires together.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Ya this is one of those projects I kept wanting to get fixed but wasnt that big of a deal, but it bothered me! Now time for the next problem to fix.