Dome light stays on???

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i shut the doors the dome light stays on. head light switch is new and wires to headlight switch are all good. :thumbsup: i can't find a door jam switch that would control the dome light. :dunno

anyone ever experenced this problem. :confused:

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dome light uses a switched ground, meaning it gets +12V all the time and the switches the ground (the negative side) so the light comes on. A failed door switch, usually the driver side or a chaffed wire can turn on the light.

Last edited:

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
door jamb switch on a SC is in the back pillar below the latch, not up front like most vehicles

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
try this?

The PO of my truck duct taped a Quarter to the door jam to make the switch work properly.
It drove him nuts, till he figured it out, light on and buzzer goin.........cookoo

Hope this helps,

LCjeff

7bicks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use some form of cleaner and lube the switch by the door latch and it should work properly again.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Have you tried turning the headlight switch knob clockwise? I'm not trying to be insulting or anything, but it wouldn't be the first time something simple like this was overlooked.

pfarmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use graphite spray when this happens to me. (driver's rear door is my offender..can't even set my alarm) I was told that WD-40 and other "greasy" sprays attract dirt and compound your problem. I live in Texas where we Texas women don't even wear sticky lip-gloss.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726