Does hot WMO burn better?

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
0ly-im glad its workin for you but ive heard of others having this problem as well.
could you maybe elaborate on your blend. was the wvo from fish'n'chips, mc donalds ect... mine was from a mexican place and some from a fish'n'chips

maybe your wvo has less "something" then what me and the others were using?

id try heating it up to get rid of the sluge stuff you got going on

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Jred...also go to "www.myfastfuel.com"...if you have not already..thought provoking site....I just happen to have 2 55 gal drums of used oil.tranny,hydraulic fluid, from my tractor and other vehicles...Where have I been?!!!!...I'm pumped about this..I have a friend who has a jiffy-lube and I'm going to see if I can pick-up his waste..this is too cool!...I guess I've been living under a rock...My 'ol '91 7.3 will probably love this alternative fuel...Toby

thanks for the link, i have checked out this guy before but i have trouble seeing how someone could pay that price for what he has. you could pay it back rather quickly if you drive your truck allot but i see it as MUCH cheeper to build it yourself.

oly_fab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
0ly-im glad its workin for you but ive heard of others having this problem as well.
could you maybe elaborate on your blend. was the wvo from fish'n'chips, mc donalds ect... mine was from a mexican place and some from a fish'n'chips

maybe your wvo has less "something" then what me and the others were using?

It's from a mom an pop corner store, frys,corndogs and burritos ect. I also get some from a BBQ place(not alot). I heat my oil then it goes into a drum to settle for a month.

Like I said I have samples that have been sitting quite awhile...no jello. What that "something" might be is PHO (partially hydrogenated oil).

Stu

oly_fab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about a oil heater today. How about a sealed and insulated metal box that coolant runs through that has a trans cooler(fin/plate not fin/tube style) in it. The coolant would flow through the box and the oil would flow through the cooler. Mabey even have a heater control and a cable to shut it off/on in-cab.

Stu

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I was thinking about a oil heater today. How about a sealed and insulated metal box that coolant runs through that has a trans cooler(fin/plate not fin/tube style) in it. The coolant would flow through the box and the oil would flow through the cooler. Mabey even have a heater control and a cable to shut it off/on in-cab.

Stu

sounds just like a plate heat exchanger, thats what i got in my truck.