Does hot WMO burn better?

discbrks

Reaction score
If you carry more than "X" amount of fuel onboard, you must have a hazmat sign like you see on the big trucks. Unfortunately I have no idea what the "X" amount is. But I wouldn't worry, you're just a regular 'ol pickup with a few barrels in the bed. If you have them on a trailer behind your truck, I still don't see any big deal.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive mixed a gal of wvo with my motor oil, its smooths out the smell and makes it a little more sweet.

mocetane

Reaction score
Ive mixed a gal of wvo with my motor oil, its smooths out the smell and makes it a little more sweet.

I have been reading about WMO/WVO use and am intending to try WMO soon. Your mixing of WMO/WVO is the first I have read about.
I have read several posts stating NOT to mix....but they never said why. Personally I don't know why not. Guess it depends on the %'s.
Glad it is helping you with the stinkies. I will keep this in mind when I finally get to try it.
Good info. Thanks.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When mixing motor oil and wvo, I dont add very much wvo oil. Maybe a gal to every 10-15 gals of wmo. It just helps to cut back on the rough smell. everythings good in moderation. When thinned out with diesel, I have to have any problems.

Heck, I run up to 40% wvo when i'm short on cash. It does carbon the motor up a little bit, but its nothing that an 8000lb trailer can't clearup. 4000 miles later, I've had absolutly no problems.

I'm planning on heating my 19 gal tank once I put in the rear 38 gal tank. This should allow me to run higher mixes.

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to comment on you mixing wvo and wmo- i spent some time trying this in my last truck...
word of caution... wmo+ wvo= jello
i was always wondering why i had pressure problems when running the blend then i did a check by mixing the 2 and letting settle in a 2L bottle-it didnt turn out to pretty-the wvo and wmo stayed together while a nice sludge formed at the bottom and alittle on top.
however i must admit that my blends were either equal amounts of wvo and wmo then mixed with #2 or wvo with a little wmo & #2.
mixing alittle wvo with alot of wmo like you stated may be ok...
but i wont ever mix the 2 again

flitemedic

Reaction score
i was actally looking for a small gear pump last night when i remembered this guy

http://www.hartshangout.citymax.com/page/page/4688702.htm

figured that would be a much cheaper heavy duty method to move oil

Jred...also go to "www.myfastfuel.com"...if you have not already..thought provoking site....I just happen to have 2 55 gal drums of used oil.tranny,hydraulic fluid, from my tractor and other vehicles...Where have I been?!!!!...I'm pumped about this..I have a friend who has a jiffy-lube and I'm going to see if I can pick-up his waste..this is too cool!...I guess I've been living under a rock...My 'ol '91 7.3 will probably love this alternative fuel...Toby

discbrks

Reaction score
FYI, I've had my "fuel" running thru the trans. cooler in the radiator for about 2 weeks now. I can tell a difference in the sound of the engine after the truck gets good & warm. Much quieter running. I guess the next step is to somehow heat the fuel tank.

oly_fab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to comment on you mixing wvo and wmo- i spent some time trying this in my last truck...
word of caution... wmo+ wvo= jello
i was always wondering why i had pressure problems when running the blend then i did a check by mixing the 2 and letting settle in a 2L bottle-it didnt turn out to pretty-the wvo and wmo stayed together while a nice sludge formed at the bottom and alittle on top.
however i must admit that my blends were either equal amounts of wvo and wmo then mixed with #2 or wvo with a little wmo & #2.
mixing alittle wvo with alot of wmo like you stated may be ok...
but i wont ever mix the 2 again

I'm not sure what you were mixing, but it should'nt have turned to jello. I run 25% wmo/25%wvo and 50% #2. I have mason jars with this "stew" that have been sitting for months. Sure there is a lil dropout(soot), but it is minimal.

I do need to warm the fuel with winter coming and the autocooler in the rad is a great idea.

Stu

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
0ly-im glad its workin for you but ive heard of others having this problem as well.
could you maybe elaborate on your blend. was the wvo from fish'n'chips, mc donalds ect... mine was from a mexican place and some from a fish'n'chips

maybe your wvo has less "something" then what me and the others were using?