Does hot WMO burn better?

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those studys were on vegioil and I will be using wmo, no2diesel and used tranny oil. Mabe Im wrong but I cant see it hurting the old oil.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
yeah I'm doing my conversion so I can burn anything and my gawd it's going to cost me my first born...

The freakin' fuel line prices alone are enough to cause an embolism.

ull7

Ford f250 Greaser
Reaction score
WELL IT SOUNDS GOOD IN THEORY

heating regular diesel will drop your millage down in the summer like you wouldnt believe! I know since I am doing rear wvo and front diesel for purge and even not driving letting her warm up I still add 40 bucks every two weeks!also have had heater unit stuck on in a commercial truck and was wondering were the @$@$$ was all my fuel going? well bad valve stuck open heated fuel all the time!!!

tweener

Reaction score
Wrap cooper line around your exhaust pipe...run fuel through the cooper line ??????

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My stack is right next to my 50gallon tank and I took about 20ft of left over 3/8 copper and wrapped it around and around the stack. Then when I was done it was about 1ft long on the pipe(alot of heat area). I will wrap this section of copper with header wrap to hold in the heat. This is going to be the first area before the filter and the pump and im trying to thin down the fuel to help the pump out.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Last night it got down to about 50 degrees here, this morning with the truck just at temp (~190'F) the pump was surging a bit.

I need to get the heat exchanger in asap here - methinks it's going to be a cool fall here...

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yup usually that surging for me is the pump not keeping up and starving the engine. i have been through three differant branded performance pumps that cant keep up so i am taking the next step to try using a power steering pump like watercat.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
No I start and stop on d#2 - this was after the truck was up and running for about 15 minutes. It ran fine under throttle, idling it was surging for a bit.

Last night it got down to about 50 degrees here, this morning with the truck just at temp (~190'F) the pump was surging a bit.
Are you starting on 100% wmo?

discbrks

Reaction score
Power steering pump? That's a neat idea. Where do you mount it? Do you have a link for more info?

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my truck running a couple of days ago with the holley red. My fuel is going through my radiator and with my pump turned up to 14lb there is a lot of return fuel. After about 5mins the fuel going back to the tank starts warming up. Also Im running 50%diesel and 50%wmo and every thing is running good right now. Also that website has some awesome reading!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online