Does hot WMO burn better?

edelbrock1

Reaction score
The stink??

Hi guys,

I run a 50/50 mix and it runs real nice. But the stink from the exhaust is disgusting. DO you find the same thing?? is there anything I can do to overcome it??

I really want to run higher ratios, but the smell worries me. I do a lot of city driving and dont want to make anyone sick.

Any suggestions??

discbrks

Reaction score
I run a 50/50 mix and it runs real nice. But the stink from the exhaust is disgusting. DO you find the same thing?? is there anything I can do to overcome it??

I really want to run higher ratios, but the smell worries me. I do a lot of city driving and dont want to make anyone sick.

Any suggestions??

Keep your windows rolled up! :rotflmao

I'm kidding. My truck has a burnt oil smell coming from the exhaust also - and I run a 50/50 mix. That might just be a downside to running wmo. In lesser ratios, my truck did not smell except for at start up.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my dad has bad breathing issues and he cant stay in the shop after about 30seconds of my truck running. In my 2000powerstroke at about 30%oil it smoked at idle and people hated me at the bank when I was in line!:backoff

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i dont think there is much you can do about the exhaust smell. i just got used to it and figure for free fuel it is worth it. i live in a generally rural area and a crew cab is to big for drive throughs so i dont worry about it to much.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Any suggestions??

plug your nose :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

oregon101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 90% WMO and 10% diesel. Mine stinks pretty good also. I just mixed a new batch in a 55 gallon barrel at 5 gallons diesel, 1 gallon of naptha, and 1 quart of Power Service. It is burning pretty clean once it is warmed up. My fuel cost works out to roughly a buck a gallon.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Here in the US we just keep a Remington 870 in the gun rack in the rear window - usually people don't complain or flip you off for smoke.

:rotflmao

Hi guys,

Any suggestions??

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
True, but after running for 15 minutes it would still be hotter than the outside temp. I was just looking for an "economical" (i.e. free) heat exchanger. I really have no idea if it will make much of a difference. If it does, then I can spend some $$ and get it really hot.

Just ran mine thru the trans cooler Monday and I can say I do notice a difference. Granted it's not the hottest but it works.;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
hey Ron you joining the stinky exhaust club:D

Been a stinky exhaust member for over a year now and enjoy it at every fillup.

Heck, Goldie was voted stinkiest truck at last years rally.:D

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I've been looking into this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Larg...014QQitemZ330268063980QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

If it works like it says it would be great. Fuel on startup via an element then your coolant takes over after that.

that looks like a slick set up ;Sweet looks like it could be duplicated very easily for better or worse. just need to know what kind of heating element they use and a standard temp switch.

sorry Ron must have missed your oil addiction last time:D