Different block heater?

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
So I was looking at a guys rebuild on his bypass cooler on a different site a few weeks ago. He was doing it on a power stroke and it had a heater in the bypass cooler. I think it was stock. Anyone know if they fit in the cooler of the 6.9? I think this would be a good way to get around the cracked block problem if it will fit.

SWS

Last edited:

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know about your original question, but someone put a heater on my truck and it fits in the lower radiator hose, if you are looking for a different way to heat the coolant in the morning.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
I've been looking for a cheap, reliable alternative too.

I know what everyone here says, but after talking to the guys at Ward International here and a few other local folks, I'm going to re-install my factory heater and just remember to keep it plugged in for NO MORE than 2 hrs. I think most of the problems stem from people leaving them hooked up all night. When my block explodes you all can laugh at me!

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Whats the cracked block problem, i've never herd of that before?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
So I was looking at a guys rebuild on his bypass cooler on a different site a few weeks ago. He was doing it on a power stroke and it had a heater in the bypass cooler. I think it was stock. Anyone know if they fit in the cooler of the 6.9? I think this would be a good way to get around the cracked block problem if it will fit.

SWS

No, totally different animal.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Cracked block only on some early 6.9's but as far as I know IDI's don't crack the block easily (only the piston holes :D) anyway if one wants to use it only for 2hs then put a timer on it and it will run for no more than that.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Please explain? Is it just the wrong thread? Does it go too deep into the bundle? I have been trying to find the pic again.

Anyone know why the block cracks?

SWS

IIRC its cause the casting was too thin in that area, but later blocks were fixed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin