Diesel into gasser cab - wiring question!

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
So I have a lead on a Diesel parts truck here I wanna go see this weekend for parts and possibly wiring and dash...if really need all that.

So heres the story, have my '89 F150 with an EFI 300 straight 6/C6 in it, I wanna drop a '86 6.9/C6 in it and have a couple questions.

What's gonna be the deal with the engine bay wiring - to cab wiring for this conversion?

Will I need to change all the wiring in the dash...or replace the whole dash if I find the same color one..... or is there just a couple things I need to add/replace?

Ofcourse the WTS light bezel, and diesel cluster....anything else? Will the diesel cluster work with the gasser wiring or no?

Thanks!!!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That 6.9 will weigh almost twice as much as that 300, your front springs will really sag. The engine mounts will have to be changed. The tranny crossmenber will have to be changed. Drive shaft has to be changed. Your radiator inlet and outlet may be on the wrong side and might be too small for cooling. The GP controller has to be wired into the key switch, or manually energized with a switch. The IP fuel and cold advanced solenoids have to be energized by the key switch. http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?58412-77-swap&highlight=F150+to+a+6.9+swap

Do a search, there are other posts on doing that.

Last edited:

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Springs etc is no trouble, I already done all my research, just never found anything I wanted to know about the wiring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac