Diesel Excursion 4X4

gandalf

Reaction score
This isn't mine, so I have no answers beyond what you see in the pictures. I cruised by Wheels and Deals this morning and happened to see it. I thought I'd post it since the Excursion, diesel, 4X4 is not a particularly common animal. These are cell phone pictures, so quality may not be the best. They're also sideways, so you'll have to bend your neck a bit.

Attachments

• 2012-01-15 12.53.22.jpg
    2012-01-15 12.53.22.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 2012-01-15 12.46.39.jpg
    2012-01-15 12.46.39.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 26

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late start at work today = too much time on my hands :D

Here you go...

Isn't Justin (FordGuy100)'s wife trying to get him to buy her a diesel Ex?

Attachments

• 2012-01-15 12.53.22.jpg
    2012-01-15 12.53.22.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 2012-01-15 12.46.39.jpg
    2012-01-15 12.46.39.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 16

MrsFordGuy100

Reaction score
That's to funny :p
Prius? Lol I dont like those :-( she should get a tdi she would love t! There slow like poo though. :-/
I think right now I'm around 320 ish on a quarter tank. Justin is at 280 something on like
Three quarters.... I'm not as patient as dear Justin :-/

MrsFordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm sure my numbers are skewed though. All I know is I'm getting very bad mileage for a tdi right now! I'm not doing it justice :-D

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
That is a nice looking Ex..... 04, 4x4 6.0 5r110 Torqshift, and 3.73 axles, almost exactly like mine, mine is an 03 and Eddie Bauer........ and with that paint scheme, it would be a limited, top of the line package. Don't care for the rims.... but that is just me. 20 in the interstate is not an exaggeration, I have gotten 20 in mine on the interstate more than once. 122,000 that is a baby....... nice truck...... sounds like Justin needs to make a road trip........

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prius? Lol I dont like those :-( she should get a tdi she would love t! There slow like poo though. :-/
You're mis-spelling it...it's actually spelled "Pious" :D The bloody things are like cockroaches around here...all of the self-righteous holier-than-thou pseudo-enviro-whackos who live around here think they're the best thing since sliced bread and anyone who doesn't own one is evil and murders fluffy bunnies.

(In case you couldn't tell, I'm not a fan of the Pious either :D )

BTW, if you haven't seen this video, it's worth the time :angel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOvp69lnZbA

Also, if you think the TDI's are slow, you should try driving a Mercedes diesel :D I ran M-B's for 9 years before I was finally in a position to get my TDI. I can't complain about the M-B's; they're reasonably fuel efficient for their era and will run forever if treated properly (I've always said, if you're short on $$ and are mechanically inclined, an old M-B diesel can't be beat)...but, regarding their power or lack thereof, read this story :D http://www.thebenzbin.com/hotrod.html ...compared even to the 300D turbo models, my TDI feels like she could compete on the NASCAR circuit :rotflmao

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure my numbers are skewed though. All I know is I'm getting very bad mileage for a tdi right now! I'm not doing it justice :-D

right now she is driving my Lincoln and it only gets 360 miles to a tank...... 16 gallon I think........

I hated the Prius too ...... refused to drive it out of sheer male ego, but I can't fault it for anything else and it did get the mileage that toyota claimed it would...... crumpled like an empty beer can being stepped by an elephant though..... she walked away with out a scratch.

she needs an awd I think.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hated the Prius too ...... refused to drive it out of sheer male ego, but I can't fault it for anything else
To each his own, but I actually found a legitimate complaint about the Pious. I drove one about a year ago, and was very surprised at how UN-ergonomic it was. I couldn't get used to looking sideways at the speedo, and the steering wheel just plain felt unnatural...and, for tha tmatter, just flat-out sitting in the car didn't feel "right". I think part of that had to do with the windshield being so far away from the driver...made me feel like I was trying to drive from the back seat :D Even if I wasn't opposed to hybrids in principle, I wouldn't touch one with a 10' pole. But, that's just me :angel:

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not opposed to hybrids ....... just most hybrid owners. I agree about the ergonomics. The seats sucked and it road like my F350 ........ definitely not a road trip car.......... My Lincoln however, cruises down the hwy at 120 mph like a rocket sled on rails and the cushy seats almost swallow you up when you sit in them..... 207,*** miles and still going strong.

but you know what .... the seats in an excursion look suspiciously like the seats in the Expedition that we had and those were just as bad as Toyota seats and I don't care for the seats in my Brother's Jetta either. My wife decided she wants a WRX or an outback...... nether one in really in my price range until I get the insurance check from the Prius, so she will just have to drive my Lincoln because she won't drive the dually and she will never drive my Porsche.

MrsFordGuy100

Reaction score
Haha! I don't think people really know how good diesels can be... Everyone associates diesel with old smelly loud and smoke.

I like all those though !

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the last line of that video ahahahhahahahahaha "And it turns out, it's not even bulletproof!" My husband just got 46mpg, 717 miles per tank with his Passat Wagon TDI.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock tdis are total turds lol, especially with the AC on. Were switching to different freon in the AC with lower head pressure. My dad pcked up 3 MPG well running the AC with the new stuff we bought and it runs colder then 134.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance