diesel dummy's Build Thread

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am starting this thread to document the progress of my dad's truck and be sure he updates with picture as we go.

Currently he owns the same truck since new. A 1997 F-250 HD ECLB with a 351W and E4OD, TTB front and Sterling rear, and 180000 original miles on everything expect the AC lines and the Motorcraft battery that only lasted 12 years. The engine and trans are getting tired as you would expect. I bought a 6.9L and a ZF-5 a while back that he has been eyeing (more along the lines of eye effing it) since I brought him with me to the rally this year. You guys put a :love::love::love::love: expression on his face down there.

The Plan: Pull the sheet metal and repair all rust, trade the drive train for the parts truck out back, get a 460 4x4 frame from a member on here (I think?), rebuild the 6.9, set the 6.9/ZF into the 460 frame, drop the body on around the engine using the wiring harness from the parts truck, change the dash over to a 1990 dash, start spinning WHO for fuel.

Sounds simple doesn't it?:rotflmao

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He slid off the road when it was a few years old and hit stump that tweaked something out and it has ate front passenger side knuckles/tires. Also the other frame has heavier springs since it was a 460 rather the 351.