diesel cabover question

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone i know just bought a used diesel cabover. It is a GM/Isuzu with a 4 cylinder diesel. It has roughly 150,000 miles.
he wanted me to give it a good once over and make sure its in good shape before he puts it to work.

What should i look for with this motor?
does the cooland need any sca's or anything? if so what type?
any thing else would be helpful as well as pointers for him.

thanks matt

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
change the fluids and filters and smack it on its ass to get it out the door. those 4 cylinder Isuzu's are gutless but bulletproof. I had a customer with one running on 3 cyls and did that for another 100k before it finally died(700k). the workers hated it since it couldn't get out of its own way but it refused to give in. only thing bad on them is the clutch if the trans is bolt action. you will need to pull the old one out and have the VIN when you go get parts. these pigs will embarassingly outlive our IDI's it just takes forever to get there though.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
All diesel engines should use SCA's . It's cheap insurance.

Those trucks are stout little critters. They'll run a long time...even if you do have to fight an urge to get out and push :rotflmao

At one time , I toyed with the idea of getting one of those crew cab NPR isuzus and putting a 5th wheel on it for my camper. The engines are easy to work on.

-------Robert

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin