dies when wipers are on.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 99 7.3s tha run fine all day long till the wipers are turned on.theyll stall,start and run as long as the wipers are off.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinkin water running down into the idm.i ran a hose on the corner of the glass with no effect.turned wipers and it died.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Or a grounding issue? Sounds like something feeding back and the PCM is seeing it as a shutdown, or maybe getting +V on both sides.... so it is shutting it down.... like when the TECA sees +5 from the FIPL it will go into limp mode????

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somebody told the owner it was the cps.i put an aftermarket cps in it,same thing.somebody replaced it recently as well.

A google search also came up with the cps being bad.i had him get me a cps from IH.gonna try that.if not,gonna try a wiper motor.

Strange.never heard of this before

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ford/ih sensor seems to have fixed it.been running 20 minutes with the wipers going with no hiccups

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Even the normal motorcraft one is now straight outta China.
A lot are having good results with one from advanced auto. The ih should be good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aftermarket CPS are know to do this, the solution if you want to keep the CPS is to add a choke to the wiper circuit

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Havent heard from him.been rainy all day.the ih sensor must be doin good.i had him throw the original sensor in the glovebox and explained why.

Thats just wierd.i have never heard of that before.i have another 99 that the driver was saying dies only in the rain.now i can fix that one.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well thats just odd.
thanks, now i can keep that info in the back of my brain.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to Radio Shake and get some chokes, install over both wires close to the motor. Chokes are used on all kinds of computer related equipment to absorb stray frequency signals.