Died on the side of the road, now won't start. Please help!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i dont know much about the solinoid themselves but i know they are an expensive item. i think ford is in the $80 range for new and used ones get gobbled up.

can the old one be cleaned up?

jrou111

Reaction score
i dont know much about the solinoid themselves but i know they are an expensive item. i think ford is in the $80 range for new and used ones get gobbled up.

can the old one be cleaned up?

Yeah I was hoping the <$50 range. It buzzed a little when 12v was applied with the cap off. I'll try and take it off completely and clean it with some carb cleaner. Are they rebuildable?

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a member on here with a core pump they could rob from and could hook you up. I have a spare but am in Alaska camping, would be awhile.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take a jumper wire direct from the battery + to the FSV, see if it clicks. Might just be the wiring.

jrou111

Reaction score
Take a jumper wire direct from the battery + to the FSV, see if it clicks. Might just be the wiring.

I did that, it doesn't click. Then I took the cap off, and moved the plunger on the solenoid. I connected it straight to a 12v battery, no click. I did buzz a little like it wanted to move though. I'm trying to sell the truck before my bills overcome me so I'm just going to buy a new unit off of eBay.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This solenoid is found in the 6.2 & 6.5 chevy diesels also. They don't usually go bad but when they do its expensive at the stealership....