did i just strike gold?

sassyrel

Reaction score
just depends,,what the tlc is that hes talking about................

hawaiian808

Whiplash FTW
Reaction score
Lol the truck I have no use for but the engine and tranny is what I am after heck after I pull those I imagine I would get the money back in scrap

braboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck the bellhousing is for a 14" to 16" clutch dont think it will fit . look at one my self did not have the time to work it out:dunno

fordf350dually

ih power
Reaction score
my understanding is the ip is detuned and they have an sea #2 bolt pattern which when you take our adapter plater off we have an sea #2 bolt pattern as well. how ever it will not fit in our trucks. i looked into it.

hawaiian808

Whiplash FTW
Reaction score
:( really? I figuretat its core a 6.9 was built the same? I could see the trans being different, I basicly wanted the block and switch all the"pickup " parts on it, srry im on my phone lol!

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
You could still make it work in a pickup.

The oil pan has the sump on the front on the international trucks but it can be turned around. If you had a parts engine to get the trans adapter plate and flywheel from they would bolt right up.

The engine is the same as what it used in a pickup there just setup differently.

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my research the International block and ford block are the same. ford puts a adapter on the rear to fit the ford trans pattern, Like the T19 and C6. Later they used the same pattern for the E4od and ZF5. International used a adapter bolted to the block to sae bolt specs. there are two that are most often used SAE 3 and SAE 2. The SAE 3 was used for allison at545 in school bus applications and the SAE 2 was used in small dump trucks with several differant trans combos. I think if you are looking for a cheap reman engine it would be a good deal. you can scrap out all the stuff you dont use. If you get it all you need to do is measure the adapter and count the bolts to determin the SAE size. I am looking for a SAE 3 for my project. I found on in CA and they want 250.00 plus shipping for the adapter and crank spacer with the ring gear and bolts. So I would sell the trany and running gear and scrap the rest . Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online