db2

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know if this is posted yet but there is a pretty good article in the new Diesel Power about the db2 pump.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is a good place to ask then - the light load advance piston, how do you adjust it? Actually not so much how, as when should the actuator lever start working? Tis all operated by that cam-thingie on the throttle shaft between the IP body and the FIPL (or the VRV, for the C6 trans), by loosening the cam's set screw and rotating the cam around the throttle shaft you can adjust when it comes into play - right now I got it where it starts working the actuator lever arm almost immediately off low idle, but I dunno if that's how it should be or not... Should I delay the timing retard (as apparently that's essentially what the light load advance piston does) a few hundred RPMs, like for instance till I'm right off fast idle, or maybe even more? Any factory specs on that, or any recommendations y'all may have for me? Thanks!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, well that's encouraging - so I take it if I'm happy with it where tis at now, just let it be? Darn cam-thing was a bit loose on the shaft at first so I had to set it to some position, so who knows if tis right on or not...