DB2 Fuel Intake Thread

divemaster5734

Reaction score
Got my IP back from a CDD rebuild and the fitting at the center intake was removed.
Asked them about it and was scolded for not removing it before sending in.
Fine, lesson learned.
Now I'm trying to find the threads on the pump to get an adaptor.
There is no way in hell I will purchase a new fitting from CDD at this point.
Anyone know what those female threads are?
Thanks

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Don't know what the threads are but I cored out some pumps recently and kept those adapters if you need one

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my IP back from a CDD rebuild and the fitting at the center intake was removed.
Fine, lesson learned.
Now I'm trying to find the threads on the pump to get an adaptor.
There is no way in hell I will purchase a new fitting from CDD at this point.
Anyone know what those female threads are?
Thanks
Hey, you’re asking about the inlet fitting right? it’s 5/16 ORB with 1/2-20 thread and then the other side of the fitting you choose whatever you want.

divemaster5734

Reaction score

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
ORB is the threads on the pump side. You can put whatever you want to on the other side.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fine, lesson learned.
That happened to me on a crankshaft...I sent it to be checked and I had previously put it in the block and put the timing chain and sprockets on it to check out the cam phasing...I left the crank sprocket on the crank and handed it over...did not come back.

It was a Ford Motorsports timing chain and gearset...and you cannot get the crank gear seperately...money down the toilet...

I can imagine the crank guy whacking the spocket off (in a fit of pique) with a chisel and exclaiming..."I don't fix crank sprockets...!!!"

Sometimes...people really are rough on us gearheads...

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
ORB is the threads on the pump side. You can put whatever you want to on the other side.
That's right although there won't be any benefits to the engine from using a larger fitting on the other side. There won't be any more fuel that's able to move through the pump side of the fitting.

divemaster5734

Reaction score
So then, if I was to upgrade to 3/8" from the new regulator to the IP would that make it a 3/8" JIB x 1/2" ORB?
Oops, 3/8

That's right although there won't be any benefits to the engine from using a larger fitting on the other side. There won't be any more fuel that's able to move through the pump side of the fitting.
I didn't expect to, especially with a regulator, but I upgraded all the fuel lines to 3/8" PTFE thinking only of aesthetics. Am detailing out and resealing the engine on a stand now.