Dash Wiring Diagram

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
So, I am going to start working on a custom gage cluster since I have a spare one, I figured why not, that and I HATE idiot gages! Anyone know someone who's done this? I am curious as to whether or not they used new sensors and left all the old wiring in there just incase they needed to go back to original. Just kinda looking for some tips on the electrical side of the house because I dunno what to do with the 2 plugs that go into the gage cluster. The gage cluster would be completely modified to except new gages. Any hints or ideas?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first thing that is going to happen will be no charge from the alternator. That signal does go through the cluster, through the little battery light.

Here's a 89 diagram of the dash.

You must be registered for see images attach

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
Try this If link doesn't work it's in tech section I believe on page 3 http://www.oilburners.net/articles/InstrumentClusterProject.htm

This link was very helpful! Answered a few things. I just briefly skimmed through it but am going to read it through eventually, now I know where it is.

The first thing that is going to happen will be no charge from the alternator. That signal does go through the cluster, through the little battery light.

Is that from the Haynes manual? I looked all over through that thing and couldn't find the diagram I was looking for. Yeah, see, it's things like that are good to know..... This will be the most challenging thing I've done yet. Brandon + Electrical Things = Bad Things Happening :rotflmao I just need to copy this diagram and make all the changes with pen and ink, post it here for the electrically smart people to review and let me know if it will work haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac