Dash frame shell repair

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 94 dash frame shell is cracked all to heck. I think the PO only had power tools at his disposal cuz every single mount point and screw clip is busted. The light switch basically spins in place. Anyone have any ideas on how to repair it short of replacing the entire dash shell? I've entertained the idea of Jb welding the light switch in place but I'm screwed if it ever had to be replaced.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
replacing the dash would be the best option. ive bought them for 75 bucks. took me about 3 hours to swap
or...
perhaps you would like to do a custom dash?
ive always wanted to do a old school (1950) buick dash in one

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That doesn't sound too daunting. I figured it'd be longer than that. I'll consider it. Thanks for the info.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to drop thee dash on my 86 Bronco so that I could R&R the wiring harness from gas engine to IDI. Dashes on our old truck really aren't overly complicated. Newer ones? I say F that!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to drop thee dash on my 86 Bronco so that I could R&R the wiring harness from gas engine to IDI. Dashes on our old truck really aren't overly complicated. Newer ones? I say F that!
the bull and brick are easy, a OBS on the other hand is a little tricker.
remove the aluminum bracket that holds the steering column up, from the firewall. the bolts are a ***** to get at, and it makes the dash a little more awkward.
https://www.oilburners.net/threads/obs-dash-swap-for-your-brick-nose-101.76625/

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
the bull and brick are easy, a OBS on the other hand is a little tricker.
remove the aluminum bracket that holds the steering column up, from the firewall. the bolts are a ***** to get at, and it makes the dash a little more awkward.
I seem to remember that. I don't remember why I had one out. maybe it was to replace or repair those side mounting brackets.

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may try and do something like this if I can't find a dash frame, saw this over at Ford-trucks.com

You must be registered for see images attach

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
That doesn't sound too daunting. I figured it'd be longer than that. I'll consider it. Thanks for the info.

Go try pulling one from a junk yard truck first. Then you'll know how hard it is in your truck. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online