D60 kingpin repair parts and special tools

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, way in there. To do your U-joint you just need to remove the lock-out hubs, then use spindle nut socket to pull the wheel bearings and then the rotor is off. Then unbolt and remove the wheel spindle and the front axle shaft with joint will slide right out. R&R the joint but before you put in back in you need to make a long hoe like scraper to drag all the crud out of the tube. Otherwise you will push it into the gear housing when you stuff the axle back in. You'll see how much is in there when you slide the axle out. I've seen rocks in them that I still can't figure out how they got in there. You also might want to replace the little spindle bearings inside the spindle while you have it off. They're pretty cheap. Randy's will have them too. You probably don't have to use the 7/8" hex key and pull the upper King Pin unless it's worn real bad. Just do the rest and you'll be fine. That upper KP is in for keeps. Just stick the new plastic bushing on it and don't look back. The lower one just bolts in and it's the one that usually goes bad. All in all it's not a bad job if you're not doing the upper KP. If you are use heat.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
this job is turning out to be easier than i thought started a 3pm yesterday and stoped at 6pm got everything tore apart inner seals in old u-joints out
got to run to napa the wheel bearings are shot other than that easy job