Cylinder 8 injector?

ndnjames13

Reaction score
After rebuilding my transmission my truck decides it wants to give me more problems! I believe I have a bad injector on the 8th cylinder but I'm a bit unsure. One morning I fired it up and began to drive and it felt like I had a miss in a gas engine and it threw a check engine light. I didn't get the code but reset it and drove it as normal and it felt fine from there. I do notice a slightly off idle and a tiny vibration at higher speeds. I'm trying to see if it has a trouble code come back. Till then what is the difference with the 8th injector? I may just buy one to see if it works.

97 F250 7.3 powerstroke 4X4

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knowing what that code was could have helped diagnose the problem.

I'd lean towards an UVCH issue, which will eventually lead to the truck running on only one bank of cylinders.

Generally what happens is you'll have a cold start "hiccup" or rough running that may clear itself for a few cycles. Eventually the compromised harness fails to where the IDM will shut down the entire bank of cylinders. Have the UVCH ever been replaced on your truck?

If the truck drives fine I'd rule out injector issue right from the start.

ndnjames13

Reaction score
I did read that online somewhere and I understand now, That issue was for the SD and not the OBS. I'm an idiot for clearing the code I know. UVCH? I'll look at that because I've never heard of it.

ndnjames13

Reaction score
I'm an idiot I I know what the UVCH is. I replaced some glow plugs not too long ago and didn't disconnect them from underneath the covers. everything looked fine so I didn't mess with it. The reason I did mention the number 8 injector was from when I first ran a contribution test it failed number 8.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's common for #8 to fail, doesn't mean there is a definite problem.

Remove the oil cap and give a sniff, do you smell burnt plastic/wiring ?

ndnjames13

Reaction score
I looked several times for some suspect wiring and didn't notice anything. didn't smell anything either. I guess Ill just have to wait for the problem to come back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86