Cruise Control Dead

ninjai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

on my '90 F350 7.3L 5 spd, I had to replace my signal light switch. I took everything apart and put it all together. Cruise stopped working. I'm sure I connected it all properly when I put it back together, and I checked the fuse.

Instead of smashing out my ignition switch I chopped all the wires in half, fed them through the steering column mess and reconnected them with butt connectors on the other end. I'm sure they are all connected properly. I never disconnected my battery, so could I have messed something up? I only checked the fuses under the dash -- are there any other ones?

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to question your abilities but Id check your splices again, if you had soldered them there'd be no question that they were making good contact. I don't own that style but in my experience the plastic conectors get brittle with age and the locking tabs holding the wires in break and some times the wires don't always pull all the way out leaving you with a open circuit when you separate the connector from a switch or what have you. So again I'd start with the splices then check the wires on the factory connector other than that I dunno.

tximport

Reaction score
Check fuses under the hood DS between radiator overflow jug and firewall

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your horn working?
On my 91 the horn and cruise is on the same fuse. Had this problem a couple weeks ago.

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
Was going to ask that.....my problem was the ground - the horn shares a ground with the cruise control. Mine had a bad ground (with wheel unlocked) but grounded through the lock pin when engaged. They use a pin on a rotating plastic collar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online