Cross Country is Over

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always a pleasure to see the magic of the Brotherhood at work, especially during this season of kindness and giving. ;Sweet

dave85

Reaction score
Lookin' for deese now.....

My time of departure looks to be 3:00 am Saturday, which should put me at deeese's at 9 or 10. Deese, if you see this, give me a call, 408-309-3505.

I am bringing a 4x12 piece of redwood wnich I will chain to my rack, then have a comealong to lower the engine to the ground. What really works slick is a heavy castered dolly(no, towcat, this a piece of equipment LOL) to lower the engine onto.

All in all, an exciting evening. There is a back wall to the cat's shop. I know, I know, shoulda took a camera.

Met Monte, another oilburner, a really great guy.

My attitude about Christmas is a lot better this AM.

DAVE

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
personally I'm jealous.
southern ga doesn't have the same type of group.

course if there was we wouldn't have met on the internet, heck alot of people here don't have consistant phone service.

dave85

Reaction score
Bay area IDI group dynamics.........

I can explain. We have in Calvin(towcat) what the PA guys have in agnem. Basically, a guru who shares his knowledge, his tools and a unique personality.

I don't know Mel personally, but I respect him tremendously.

towcat will negotiate you out of your gold teeth. But be a veteran, an LEO, or just someone REALLY trying to learn, he'll do anything he can.

I'm just a lurker,aka hanger-on but it is a great bunch.

And the GA boys don't need a group. they got hunting, fishing, lots of local sports, cousins' weddings to keep them busy.

Dave

DeeseSR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate everything everyone is doing to help me out. I just got off the phone with Dave. We're going to push it out of the back of his truck into the back of mine since I don't have a place yet. I'm staying in temp housing on the base for now. Once again I can't wait to get to meet everyone. And I'll be more than happy to cook a bunch of ribs and beans for all. Once I get settled into a house it'll be a whole lot easier for me to plan things. Thanks again to all.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
deese-
I know brian hagen is really busy these days, but you just might want to drop him a PM and see if he can help you out on the storage. If nothing else, you'll have an extra pair of hands to help move the motor over.

Mojave Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still here. With the price of fuel up, I haven't had the extra cash to keep up with the upgrades. ...I've sorta lost interest. My truck makes the 80 mile round trip to work each day and then gets parked in favor of the TDI for everything else. I'm so ashamed...

DeeseSR, I could make room in my garage if you need to store your engine for a bit. I don't know how we would unload, and reload, it though - no fork lift. Let me know if I can help.

Scotty, I'm off through the new year. I'd like to discuss some professional stuff with you. We've been visiting alot of civ. agencies only to find we're one step behind the Marines. Army is now giving $25.000 bonuses for new Warrants - ever think about crossing over? I already mentioned you to the chief of warrant officer branch - you're in!

I will try to find some renewed interest and get a little more active around here. I don't recognize 90% of the guys on that other site anymore.

More later, brian

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I am glad I am not the only one. I still could not afford to drive my truck back when fuel was 3.00+ a gallon. Too much money. But with fuel starting to come back down and hopefully some parts on their way, I will drive the old truck a little more. Gotta get it ready for my PCS if that is what it turns out to be.

Brian, I am off until the 4th, so other than a couple of days of putting in windows I will be around quite alot. So let me know, we can link up somewhere. I can/will start submitting my WO package this coming up year. I should/hope get picked up, as long as promotions stay healthy and we keep fighting this war. My best friend just got picked up for E8 in 12 years!! That is unheard of in Marine Corps.. So anyhow, give me a holler when you get a chance. Scotty

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
brian-
good to see you resurface again! ;Sweet
I looks like you can spearhead some small get-together down there. I'm too far north to really do anything. In the meantime, wish your wife and the dog a happy holidays for me. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online