towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dave85 said:
who happens to be Chinese and has looked at importing farm tractors
LOL LOL LOL

Dave
:backoff :backoff :backoff :draw thanks a whole bunch dave. now every one of these guys are going to be gunning for my hide...... :mad: -cuss
seriously tho, I will need for either you or Tim to have a firm idea of who's taking it south. You know how crammed my shop is right now, and the idea of yet another motor sitting outside is not a good one and I still have the parts on the F350 cab chassis waiting to strip out.. cookoo yup. I need more parts cookoo
And about thos cute little tractors....I have those guys held off in the meantime, I had the opportunity to show them what "customer service" was all about when I needed a critical part for a D9H over there. As CAT promised, the part arrived in 24 hours, the airfreight bill was ungodly, but my dad's D9 was back up and running in a day. Compared to how the Komatsu's and Hyundai's sit for weeks waiting for parts, this got the attention of alot of guys. Prolly why yellow worm equipment is so sought after over there... ;Sweet Oh yea, there's a bunch of "spies" here now studying our idea of "customer service". Some of these spies they're send here are kinda cute :D

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, reading your posts are like reading a short book, very entertaining to try and follow along. I would like to get together and get a peek at you fellers (or the cute spies) before/if I have to head to the East Coast. Scotty

dave85

Reaction score
I'm usually the stright man........

for Calvin, but he's perfectly capable of digressing on anything.

As soon as I have a firm ETD, will let you know.

Dave

DeeseSR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll do whatever is easiest for everyone involved. I might be living in California city right after Christmas. That's if I can really afford a house there. Thanks again. I sure can't afford one in Rosamond Thanks everyone.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave, is the situation with your boss's girlfriend bringing into question when you would be leaving, or is it a question of whether you're going at all?

My only thing is that, between finals and needing to do a few things on my truck (don't want to rely on drugs to start her in subfreezing weather), I'm not sure when exactly I'll be heading down there. My best guess would be the 21st or 22nd, but I can't commit to a date yet. As far as I'm concerned, I'll commit myself to taking the engine down there unless Dave wants to...I don't want to tread on anyone's toes or anything like that, but if it's out of the way for Dave and this'll make life easier, that's a good thing :) and you know me...if I can help, I want to be able to (it's the ********* in me; same thing that draws me to Sea Scout boats like moths to a flame). If need be, I can pick the engine up in advance...with how my truck sits in the driveway, the bed is protected from rain, etc.

California City isn't that much of a drive from Rosamond, so that's no big deal on my end...Deese, are you on-base until you get a place, or what's going on? (just curious) I'm surprised by your statement about not being able to afford anything in Rosamond; I thought it was fairly cheap there? My dad paid $80K for his 3 bedroom place about 10 years ago...and I didn't think the prices had gone up THAT much (OTOH, I haven't paid close attention). OTOH, the Albertson's (only grocery store in town) and the McDonalds in Rosamond can be charitably described as "god-awful" :puke: my dad's wife actually has to go up to a Stater Bros in Mojave to get decent meat. My dad was seriously thinking about moving to Boron, but his wife torpedoed that idea (she works in LA)...

One question, Deese...do you have a cherry picker or anything on those lines, or how is the engine going to be off-loaded?

towcat said:
Oh yea, there's a bunch of "spies" here now studying our idea of "customer service". Some of these spies they're send here are kinda cute
And the pics are....where?!? :backoff

:D

dave85

Reaction score
I suggest we plan.....

to load up on the PM of the 14th. That's a wednesday. And the shop next to towcat is closed on weds. (IIRC) Set that date to dig out and load. By then, we can determine who is going. Also, Deese will know by then that I will be there on the 16th or you on the whenever.
As I see it, the largest obstacle is getting loaded on this end. My plan to unload was to take a 4x6 redwood I've kept, chain it to my rack and use a come along to unload. deese needs to secure a big piano dolly or other 4 wheel platform to set it on there.
My boss's girlfriend..............................that's another soap opera.
Dave

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dave-
how about a tues night excavation that way I have time to pull the turbo parts off the motor. There's nothing worse than a whole bunch of guys watching over my shoulder as I am working. I also have a full tank of propane for the grill, so if you guys want to BBQ at the shop tues or wed evening, that's ok with me too. So....here's the recap of my suggestion...tues nite, excavation. wed nite, load up. I will remove turbo parts wed durring the afternoon. BBQ on either nite or both.
oh yea....
dave-
since you got me on the hot seat over the tractors, which GF are you referring to the current one or the ex? You boss is gonna find out the hard way that there are two sides to brazilian women...... :eek:
tim-
I don't leave evidence around of that nature for the wife to find and question. I alredy get into enough trouble with her when I stay the night in Hong Kong before taking the ferry up to town. You'll know what I am talking about when you get a meaner GF than the one you have now. :D

Last edited:

dave85

Reaction score
Schedule....and OT(girlfriend)

It's gotta be wed or Thursday for me. I'm booked to the armpits with alligators.
going OT, the girlfriend has come up pregnant. 32 yr old Brazilian, 58 yr old fairly wealthy guy, you tell me. And if you can't sense my disgust, ... well I've probably already said too much.
My boss is changing schedules. different things. Other than all that, it's a good job for 2 more years.
dave

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK...how about wed excavation and thurs loadup?
OT...hope it was good for him while it was still fresh..... :rotflmao :rotflmao

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my finals is on Wednesday night (the other three are Thursday in the morning/early afternoon), so I couldn't be there for Wed...maybe move to Thurs/Fri? Or, if you don't need the third set of hands for excavating, no big deal...

And towcat, good point on the pictures...wasn't thinking about it on those terms...

Dave, all I can say about the gf is yipes!! On off-loading, I wasn't thinking that a rack could hold the weight of an IDI...that's a good idea, though. Comealongs are our friends ;)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dave85 said:
towcat said:
OK...how about wed excavation and thurs loadup?

Let me know what time we'll start.
Dave
dave-
cool ;Sweet we have a consensus. Anytime wed. pm is good for me. I will be back at the shop wed to putter around. just gimme a holler on the phone when you know the time is good for you.
tim-
wed/thurs is better due to neighbors. drop on by after finals and see what's happening.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat said:
tim-
wed/thurs is better due to neighbors. drop on by after finals and see what's happening.
Alright, will-do...although I can't stay too late on Wed; have to be at school at 0700 on Thursday and have to pretend like I'm studying ;)

I think my final on Wednesday is over by 1900 or 1930...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
deese-
Dave85 now has the motor in the back of his truck. You can thank the following guys who showed up to help clear a path to the back of the shop and excavate the motor.... Full Monte, Dave85, Dave'85's paid helper, Tanker Tom and I. Hopefully I will be in town to sample your BBQ this summer or I will make a point to drop in at your digs on my way out to TX in the spring. Do have a cherry picker and a length of chain to pluck it out the back of dave's pickup.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just about to find this thread and ask what was going on (the autolite hit the fan tonight; that's why I didn't make it)...good to know everything's taken care of! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online